What to Do with a Huge Roll of Paper

I got a huge roll of paper from my aunt for Christmas but I don't know what to use it for. Any ideas? Kristi

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

oh boy! if i was near you i'd take it right off your hands.. but? since i'm not, i'll tell you what i'd do with it. make your own wrapping paper. i go to the small local paper here and pick up the roll ends for just this purpose. if it's a yucky color, like newsprint, lightly spray it with spray paint. not solid, but just a quick hint of color, then paint, glue glitter, whatever you like. i haven't bought wrapping paper in years and some people have actually kept it and framed parts. (i do get carried away with it sometimes) also, use it to lay down as a protector if you are doing crafts, painting, decorating cookies, making patterns or even washing windows over a light colored carpet. so many uses, i couldn't list them all here..

Wow, Kristi!! I can think of a couple of things I would do for sure. I would rubber stamp my own wrapping paper for gifts. If you have kids, I'd tape some to a wall or door for some "original" art work to be done. What a blast that would be for them. You could make your own evelopes for mailing. Hmmm can you tell I'm a crafter??? LOL

Depending on what kind of paper and what size roll...and if u have kids...BUT I have seen in a decorating book...that if one has kids..and the paper is the kind on which one can draw..hang it on a roll on a wall in the kids play room or bedroom and they can pull it down and draw on it,,instead of the walls,,,and then when they r finished with it..they can just tear that piece off and start again when ever they what...

Kristi, If you are not really into crafts (or ect.) you could always donate the paper to your local school or daycare. Teachers really do appreciate the donations....

Wow! That would be a dream come true for me:) Origami is the first thing that comes to mind. Ive done Origami for years and the fun part is hunting down all kinds of paper. Origami paper is rather costly but you can be especially creative with your huge roll of paper. Good Luck:)

What a treat!

You could make a measuring chart for little ones,

Wrapping paper,

A huge diary!

Use it for a visitors book to your house.....make the gusets go BIG! and roll it out in 50 years time!

x you'll think of something! x

Now that spring is here a big roll of paper depending on how thick it was would be ideal to line kitched drawers and cabinets. If it has a print to it, its even better.

If it is nothing special you can use it to make new flower or vegetable beds in the fall. We used some of the brown craft paper roll to start new beds. Use a few layers of paper over the grass, then top with soil, peat moss, mulch and give it time to settle and compost. Think it is called lasagna gardening. Newspaper seems to be harder to work with but also works well. No slicks tho.

Here are some Links to Crafts Sites.

You will be able tofind something

MakeStuff.com

http://www.make-stuff.com/cooking/index.html

Free Paper Toys

http://www.freepapertoys.com/

KinderArt- Children's Art

http://www.kinderart.com/index.html

I have a big roll of paper and I use this big paper for enlarging craft patterns.

kristy I'm a preschool teacher and we use rolls of paper to make banners,,,letting the children trace around themselves is another good idea I also like the idea of maling your own wrapping paper either with stamps or paint...we would love a donation at our school....gail2656

beads
Making Tri-Bead Keychains
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:45:45 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.