Bangs Are Damaged and Not Growing

I have really curly "ethnic" hair. I used to have side swept bangs that I've been straightening every day for a while. Well, those bangs are now 2 inches short (from the scalp and don't seem to be growing) and are extremely damaged. Anyone know how I can fix the damage and grow them out?

By Xandria

What have you used to straighten your bangs? I'm guessing a flat iron. You have probably damaged your hair and it's broken off. It will grow back but you have to stop straightening it. Hair is dead so there's not a lot to be done to the damaged hair. A deep conditioning may make it feel a little softer but the bangs will be healthy when they grow out.

It's hard to see that very curly hair has grown because of the fact that it's curly and the length just appears to shrink up. Good luck and be patient. It wouldn't hurt to take a Biotin supplement (available in drugstores or WalMart) as this strengthens hair and nails and makes them grow faster, so it's said.

Your hair will grow back but curly hair always looks shorter. I suggest a hairstyle that combs the hair away from your face for a while. Use a moose product to smooth it. That way you won't have to deal with the short bangs until they have grown.

There is virtually nothing you can do to make your hair grow any faster than it already does. Just be patient.

I also suspect that you have dried out the bangs and they have broken off. You will have to try a different style until they do grow.

I would go to a reputable hair stylist for your type of hair.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips DamagedJuly 12, 2010
Applying putty to a damaged portion of a painted wall.
Fixing Damaged Paint on Walls
Crocheting
Repairing Damaged Crochet Items
hole in sock exposing big toe nail with smiley face
Treating A Damaged Toenail
Damaged Tree Bark
Repairing Damaged Tree Bark
🎄