Browsing: 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas

12 Days of Christmas Ideas

Several friends and I are planning on doing the 12 Days of Christmas for a lady who really needs some pampering right now. She is sole care-giver to her husband, who is a double amputee, has diabetes and is on dialysis everyday. We are wondering what are some things we could give her to correspond to each of the 12 days. Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, can be cute or funny. Just something to let her know we are thinking about her. Any suggestions? We will be starting on the 14th of December, so time is of the essence.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Our Sunday School class has done this for the past 3 years. Some ideas are: day 1, pears and a bird ornament; day 5, gold napkin rings and some pretty napkins; day 8, carton of milk and cleaning supplies; day 7, gift certificates to a local swimming club; day 3, 3 cornish hens decorated with little tiny paper french berets; day 6, carton of eggs and maybe cooking ingredients. This gives you something to go from. We always do it secretly. On the last day (Christmas Eve) we always have made a larger gift basket filled with like movies, snacks, maybe some gift/gas cards, etc.

Best Answer

I have done this for my mother-in-law for years:

Start on December 14th

Day 1 - Pin

Day 2 - Pair of gloves

Day 3 - Picture of the grandkids (three)

Day 4 - Food pack of four items (like jelly)

Day 5 - Family picture

Day 6 - Reese's christmas trees (six pack)

Day 7 - Lucky 7 lottery tickets

Day 8 - 8 oz soap bath & body works

Day 9 - Cafe vienna cooffee (9 oz)

Day 10 - ten of anything

Day 11 - Eleven of anything

Day 12 - Calendar

Best Answer

On December 13th, there are officially 12 days left until Christmas! A fun and creative Christmas tradition I remember from my childhood is called "The Twelve Days of Christmas. It all starts on December 13th and continues up until Christmas Eve, December 24th. My favorite "12 Days of Christmas" is to leave one nativity piece each night and at the end of the 12 days the family will have a complete nativity scene.

Fantastic idea! I am doing the same for my nephews this year. For the caregiver I would suggest self pampering items (lotion, bath soap etc), offer to sit with husband for a few hours to allow her some time to herself, cook a few meals that she could prepare later.

Still great to read. Thanks!

hands holding a wrapped gift
12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsNovember 1, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A girl opening a small gift.
Christmas Countdown Gift Ideas
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
partridge in a pear tree
Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:15:12 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.