Reuse Large Ice Cream Tubs

I buy ice cream in the clear buckets with handles. After the ice cream is gone, I wash and dry the bucket and lid. Then I use the bucket as a container for storing flour, sugar, cornmeal, cookies, chips, etc. I take an index card write the name in maker and tape it to the lid after trimming off the excess. I make sure that the entire index card is covered in tape, so that it is protected from dirt, water, etc. These containers are great because they are stackable, clear, and cheap to replace. The handles make them easy to carry around.

By Jennifer from Annville, KY

I USE MINE TO STORE MY HOMEMADE LAUNDRY SOAP IN

Any sort of bucket container is good to save and re-use. I've never bought ice cream in a bucket. What kind of ice cream comes in them? Is it good quality ice cream? My kids are not persnickety about ice cream but I am.

I would think these buckets would be good to store craft supplies as well as toys.

I would just write directly on the lid in a permanant marker....if it will be used for the same thing for quite a while, I don't see the reason to tape on a piece of paper.

One of these in the car or mini van could be used to hold the kids little toys and such that always litters up the place.

Hi All,

I use mine for a variety of things. I defrost meat in them. I put the package in add cold water and change out the water about every 1/2 hour.

I also use them to hold dough I am raising in the oven with just the oven light on. Works great.

Perfect for storing craft supplies and I am making one into a yarn holder for ma, I am glueing a piece of card board down the center, putting a hole on each side of the cover and she can pull her yarns thru if she needs two skeins, or she can put her project on the one side with the back of the needles sticking thru the hole. I know she will love it.

Lots of things to use them for. I use them as extra watering dishes for my big doggy.

I store cat food in them.

I use them for dumping the box of oxy clean you get at Sam's Club so it is easier to scoop and use then the box.

I used it as a hat box for my husbands baseball caps so they don't get all dusty in the closet.

They are a 5 1/2 quart soft serve icecream sold in supermarkets like an opeque look to the them they have a handle and a lid. It is a beautiful thing.

Dump your flour in one and freeze it. Freezing your flour for 24 hours stops the weevil bug (sp??) from growing if you don't use your flour fast enough.

Have fun with them and they stack beautifully when not in use.

Have fun,

Laura

I too use my ice cream buckets for many things- household etc. I buy the larger bag of cat litter (20-25#) & divide it in the buckets. I then take them (maybe 3) upstairs to my bathroom closet & can stack them so I don't have to go down to the basement to get more when I change the litter. One bucket is just about the right amt for a standard litter box.

I also keep a bucket of salt for melting ice on my walkway during the winter. That way I can carry the bucket as I take a scoop & sprinkle it on the walk. This too I can keep upstairs. saves trips downstairs to the basement plus very handy.

I use the ice cream buckets to make "Sun Tea" You put the tea bags in the bucket of water and put it inside near a sunny window. A few hours later you have a nice tea, not too strong, just right. My nieces called it "Tea in a Bucket".

Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 16, 2007
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄