Removing Candle Wax from Carpet and Wall

By Caph 1 2

My cat knocked over my scented wax warmer and the wax is on my wall, wood border, and carpet. How do I get it cleaned off without damaging the painted wall, wood work, and carpet?

By Caph from OH

Filter Sort

By cheapasatoothpick 2 Flag

First of all you should send the naughty kitty into the corner! (Lol.) You could try scraping it off carefully with a plastic spoon, then use a degreaser cleaner an scrub with reg sponge (the hard side). The carpet is so easy! Simply scrape as much as you can up with metal spoon then put a paper towel on it, double it up in fact. Then carefully put a cloth on it and iron it it when its on low setting and move the towel around to get it all, the wax will be absorbed in to the towel (thank you Martha Stewart!) and it won't leave a stain. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Removing Candle Wax from Carpet and Wall

I had a red candle sitting on a candle warmer on top of the old radiator (doesn't work anymore). My cat knocked the candle onto the carpet. I scraped as much of it as I could and vacuumed the rest. I then used the paper towel and iron method, but it didn't pull all of the wax out of the carpet. There is still some left. I am at a loss as to what to do now. Any further suggestions?

Also, it did stain the radiator and window sill. Should I just paint over it, or are there any suggestions to get the pink color off of the paint?

By Briannaleam from ID

Feedback:

RE: Removing Candle Wax from Carpet and Wall

I don't know about the color stain, but you can remove more of the wax from the carpet by laying a piece of brown paper bag over it and ironing it with a dry iron. It will melt the wax and the paper will absorb it. I would then try Oxy-clean on the stain. Or maybe Goof-off or something similar. (05/27/2009)

By Mary T

Try an ice-cube like we're told with chewing gum?
(05/30/2009)

By Marg from England

The same thing happened to my mom when my dad's min pin knocked over a candle.

She took white paper towels and put down over the stain and used a dry iron set to low-medium heat. She ran the warm iron over the towels.The heat from the iron melted the wax and the paper towels soaked it up. Change the towels out as they become soaked with wax. She was able to get all the wax up. Afterwards she used a can of carpet cleaner on it. I think the carpet cleaner she used was the Resolve brand.

You can not tell where the stain was at all. (05/30/2009)

By tammyk1967

I recently blew out my candles and the wax got all over my carpet. I put down some Bounty paper towels then used my hair dryer to heat the area and the wax came right up.

By Julia from Mocksville, NC

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetDecember 31, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2016 at 1:18:32 AM on 10.0.2.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings