My cat knocked over my scented wax warmer and the wax is on my wall, wood border, and carpet. How do I get it cleaned off without damaging the painted wall, wood work, and carpet?
By Caph from OH
First of all you should send the naughty kitty into the corner! (Lol.) You could try scraping it off carefully with a plastic spoon, then use a degreaser cleaner an scrub with reg sponge (the hard side). The carpet is so easy! Simply scrape as much as you can up with metal spoon then put a paper towel on it, double it up in fact. Then carefully put a cloth on it and iron it it when its on low setting and move the towel around to get it all, the wax will be absorbed in to the towel (thank you Martha Stewart!) and it won't leave a stain. Good luck!
Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.
I had a red candle sitting on a candle warmer on top of the old radiator (doesn't work anymore). My cat knocked the candle onto the carpet. I scraped as much of it as I could and vacuumed the rest. I then used the paper towel and iron method, but it didn't pull all of the wax out of the carpet. There is still some left. I am at a loss as to what to do now. Any further suggestions?
Also, it did stain the radiator and window sill. Should I just paint over it, or are there any suggestions to get the pink color off of the paint?
By Briannaleam from ID
By Mary T
She took white paper towels and put down over the stain and used a dry iron set to low-medium heat. She ran the warm iron over the towels.The heat from the iron melted the wax and the paper towels soaked it up. Change the towels out as they become soaked with wax. She was able to get all the wax up. Afterwards she used a can of carpet cleaner on it. I think the carpet cleaner she used was the Resolve brand.
You can not tell where the stain was at all. (05/30/2009)
I recently blew out my candles and the wax got all over my carpet. I put down some Bounty paper towels then used my hair dryer to heat the area and the wax came right up.
By Julia from Mocksville, NC