Button Bobby Pins
Using shank buttons and bobby pins you can create fun and unique hair accessories that will make girls of any age smile.
Approximate Time: 5 minutes, each
- shank buttons
- bobby pins
- Go through your button stash and find some cute shank buttons.
These are the buttons that have the loop in the back for attaching them to fabrics. I like to buy my buttons in bulk from large craft stores and there are always gobs of cute shank buttons that I have no idea what to do with, but hate to throw out since they are so darn cute!
- Assemble your needle, thread, and bobby pins along with the shank buttons you chose.
- Thread your needle and place the shank button between the ends of the bobby pin so that it is lying flat against the button.
- Sew the thread through the shank.
- Pull the thread through the ends of the bobby pin and loop back through the shank.
- Knot the thread each time you pass it through the shank. Make sure to alternate coming up through the shank from both sides, as to ensure a tight adhesion.
By Teri M from Omaha, NE
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Cute Idea! I use charms like from necklaces to slip on to bobby pins. Hair charms :)
I wouldn't go through the trouble of threading them on unless you plan on selling them. Just putting the bobby pin through the shank would be sufficient.
Add your voice to the conversation.