OrnamentsChristmas

Smores Snowmen Christmas Ornament

Category Ornaments

I am looking for the pattern for making a Smores Snowmen out of paper. I do a new ornament each year for my grandchildren and thought this might be a cute one. I also thought about making ones out of the real ingredients and clear varnishing each item. I wonder if that would work?

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions!

P.S. I am new to this site, so please be kind!

Mary from Marshalltown, IA

Just remember no to use anything on them that is toxic. One year my daughter's class made drum ornaments out of marshmallows. It was too much for our younger daughter to resist and she removed it from the tree and ate it. I was calling the teacher at 9:00 at night to find out if the paint was non-toxic.

I do not have the pattern,but I know that if you go to "oriental trading company" they have many ornaments you can make from foam etc...They show the smores and from looking at them you could probably figure it out.It looks fairly easy.If it is not on the site,you could request a catalog.This is a company that sells all of the peices to make them your self, but it gives you good ideas.

I made them out of the FOAMIES 3-D Shapes, you can get these at craft stores. They look just like marshmallows. I used cork board for the graham cracker, and painted some thin styrofoam a dark brown for the chocolate. Use twigs for arms and a sharpie marker works great for the face. Good luck.