Reusing A Cornflake Box

I am presently working on a 100 other uses of cereal boxes but I will just give you the best one of them, a 3D Stage

You must make a clean straight cut so that the one side will open to decorate the entire stage area. You will only look through this part to see the stage.

Your box is open so now you want to think about what scene you want to set. Mine? It is a far off snow capped mountain coming towards the viewing area a far off flowering field, getting closer a part of a river with rocks ripples and everything. Nearest a rocky bank.

On the left side trees cover the entire panel with just a little area where the river flows on a snake like angle. The other side from the viewer point a rocky hill the snaking river and the continuation of that far off flowering field that runs into the mountain which I'm declining to leave a few inches of blue sky above it.

Oh the top is the has blue with clouds The forest side, the trees extent a tiny bit over into the sky.

Now comes the real fun part, adding the 3D stuff.

I cut out several deer pictures and glued them to poster board of the same size but folded at the bottom enough so they can be glued or stapled I have an eagle flying up in the blue and few clouds near suspended with the wire from a garbage bag tie.

By the woods, I have several people standing by the forest looking at the eagle or in that direction. I used real stones for river rocks.

I am thinking of setting a turtle or a bird on one of those rocks. And last, at my end, I want to find the back of a human or maybe even an animal which will represent me, the viewer.

When you're done and close it up, make sure no light comes in because it ruins the effect. Secure it with duct tape then decorate the entire outside of the box with whatever you think that is suitable. Me, I use old calendar pictures.

I guess you could call this a shoe box scene or a diorama but what did it cost me to make?

• Well, eating a box of corn flakes
  • Mucho looking through old calendar pictures and magazines I have kept forever
  • a little duct tape
  • a few staples
  • a little glue
  • a few free outside stones.
  • A touch of paint for the snaking river
  • THE VERY GOOD EXERCISE OF MY IMAGINATION and a lot of satisfaction.

When you make these scenes, view them with just the light coming from your background. To light up the inside of the box would expose the imperfections. You see, this picture is to stimulate your imagination again, making you part of it like a dream.

You want reality? It is always right outside that decorated corn flake box. So eat up them corn flakes and give your imagination a workout

By Mr. Thrifty from ShermansDale, PA

How about cutting a square, and using it as a postcard?

I do that with our cardboard boxes, the interesting ones...

uses for cereal boxes
Uses for Cereal Boxes and Packaging
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJuly 26, 2006
frog hat
Making Paper Hats From Cereal Boxes
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box