Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cigarette Smoke Odors on Stuffed Animals

How do I get the smell of cigarettes out of stuffed animals? I have washed them in hot water with detergent plus white vinegar, and then put them in the dryer on hot, yet they still smell.

By Cindi

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Debbie12/05/2009

Try Odorban it works.You can get it at Walmart in the cleaning section.

By AustinJen12/05/2009

Take the stuffed animals and put them in a plastic garbage sack with a dryer sheet in them. Tie the bag up in put in the freezer for 2-3 days. This not only kills the smells, but also all bacteria and lice that can be found on stuffed animals.

By Cajun [55]12/04/2009

First; take those cigarettes away from the children; this should be a good lesson to them as to how difficult it is to get rid of nicotine.
Secondly; set the stuffed animals out in the fresh air for a month or three (weather protected of course) or third: bag stuffed items with Activated Charcoal.

By Angie12/04/2009

Not quite the same thing, but whenever I use wool that has been stored in airtight plastic bags, there is a terrible smell coming from it which feel like a mixture of chemicals and smoke.

So I then store the wool for a month or so in a bag or box filled with lavender sachets. It always get's rid of the smells.

By Suntydt [75]12/03/2009

Here is my recommendation. Kirby vaccuum used to have a product that eliminated odors. We used to put a drop on an onion cut in half and snort it. No smell what so ever.

I looked on the Kirby site and found this http://www.kirby.com/Portals/0/cleaning_products.html . It is the Odorific listed on the bottom of the page (original scent). The great thing is it is all notural & non-toxic which is great for kid stuff.

Odor Clear is the product below it and it looks like a good choice too. Might even be better. Its been a long time since I worked for Kirby (roughly 25yrs.) so they have changed things a bit but this is the stuff that looks like the old stuff I used to sell.