Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Cigarette Smoke Odors on Stuffed Animals

How do I get the smell of cigarettes out of stuffed animals? I have washed them in hot water with detergent plus white vinegar, and then put them in the dryer on hot, yet they still smell.

By Cindi

By Debbie12/05/2009

Try Odorban it works.You can get it at Walmart in the cleaning section.

By AustinJen12/05/2009

Take the stuffed animals and put them in a plastic garbage sack with a dryer sheet in them. Tie the bag up in put in the freezer for 2-3 days. This not only kills the smells, but also all bacteria and lice that can be found on stuffed animals.

By Cajun [55]12/04/2009

First; take those cigarettes away from the children; this should be a good lesson to them as to how difficult it is to get rid of nicotine.
Secondly; set the stuffed animals out in the fresh air for a month or three (weather protected of course) or third: bag stuffed items with Activated Charcoal.

By Angie12/04/2009

Not quite the same thing, but whenever I use wool that has been stored in airtight plastic bags, there is a terrible smell coming from it which feel like a mixture of chemicals and smoke.

So I then store the wool for a month or so in a bag or box filled with lavender sachets. It always get's rid of the smells.

By Suntydt [75]12/03/2009

Here is my recommendation. Kirby vaccuum used to have a product that eliminated odors. We used to put a drop on an onion cut in half and snort it. No smell what so ever.

I looked on the Kirby site and found this http://www.kirby.com/Portals/0/cleaning_products.html . It is the Odorific listed on the bottom of the page (original scent). The great thing is it is all notural & non-toxic which is great for kid stuff.

Odor Clear is the product below it and it looks like a good choice too. Might even be better. Its been a long time since I worked for Kirby (roughly 25yrs.) so they have changed things a bit but this is the stuff that looks like the old stuff I used to sell.