Irish Spring Soap to Deter Pests

If you have trouble with wild cats, minks, or squirrels (or such pests) in your garden or flowerbeds then try grating up a bar of Irish Spring soap and sprinkle it sparingly throughout your garden and flowerbeds to keep them out.

It works! I use it only in certain areas, and I do not have a problem with those pesky little pests where I do not want them.

Source: Another one that has been passed down throughout numerous family members.

By David from Ellsworth, ME

Interesting! I live in the UK,and I haven't seen Irish Spring Soap here; do you think this would work with other block soaps?

Not sure Ginger, but you can order some from if you really need it. Maybe even do a search on the ingredients and find something similar

Something taking big bites out of my green tomatoes and leaving them I heard if you put pans of water out that would stop them is that true

Squash Bugs
Protecting Your Garden From Pests
Photos GardenMay 20, 2011
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Chicken in tomato plants
Animals Eating My Tomato Plants
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
A fenced vegetable and flower garden.
Fencing Your Vegetable Garden