Porcupines in Cabbage Leaves
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 cup cooked tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. leaf thyme
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- Cook cabbage leaves in salted water 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine ground beef, egg, 1/4 cup onion, rice and seasonings in bowl.
- Melt shortening in skillet. Add meat mixture and brown.
- Place spoonful of meat mixture on each cabbage leaf. Fold edges in and roll up. Fasten with wooden pick.
- Combine remaining ingredients in skillet to make sauce. Place cabbage rolls in sauce. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
January 14, 20080 found this helpful
This is on the idea of the Polish recipe for "golabki" except making only 9 would only feed one hearty Pole :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 8, 2016 at 8:57:58 PM on 10.0.1.111 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us