Using EVOO To Remove Chicken Pox Scars

I'm 26 and last month I had chicken pox. The marks are still there, predominantly on my torso and thighs. They're small but scattered everywhere like freckles. I'm wondering whether a daily topical application of EVOO will help in diminishing those marks?

Can someone please tell me if this method will work? I figured out this is a better remedy than OTC scar creams since it's all-natural and olive oil is rich in natural Vitamin E. My chicken pox marks are still reddish and they're not pitted at all. Thanks so much.

Gabriella from Malaysia

I've never heard of evoo working on scars. It's a little pricy, but many people say that Mederma does work very well to reduce darkened or raised scars. You should be able to print a coupon online.

Gabriella,

Go out and get a bar of Cocoa Butter. Keep applying this to your scars. In time, they'll go away. I did this to a very serious burn I had on my thigh and you can't even tell anymore. Cocoa Butter is also "natural", inexpensive and available in any pharmacy/drug store. Don't worry, it's OTC. Give it a try...and Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your scars. I come from an Italian family where olive oil is used for everything!I t's worth a try. It is expensive but you can pick up a small bottle at Dollar General for a buck. I have been using it on my dogs dry nose. She's diabetic so I have to be careful. The vets creams are expensive and only stops the itch. The olive oil clears up the dryness.

My grandmother actually used this on my baby brother after he was circumcised. My mother was horrified but she soon realized it worked wonders. We also use it on dry feet and chapped hands and even on hair. It's not the easiest thing to wash out but it does work. Good luck.

If you go to a dermatologist they can prescribe a cream with retinoic(tretinoin) acid in it, brand name Retin-A. This will diminish and even erase these scars. However it is very important to use a sunscreen while using this. Also the sooner you use this, the better the results.

I used Scar Zone (OTC) after surgery. Very impressed with the results. Apply it after the scab is off.

You can, but you need to add jojoba oil and mineral oil to it for the best results. Jojoba oil rejuvenates the skin cells and mineral oil is a carrier oil. Evoo also has essential vitamins and minerals in it. You could also add vitamin e oil to this. It is a natural preservative and will stop the solution from spoiling.

I had chicken pox years ago, all over my face and body. The only thing I found totally effective was using pure Vitamin E capsules. Prick one open and put on liberally. It will leave your skin greasy and sticky, but it really works. I had crusts all over my face, and i only have one tiny scar.

Evoo is best when used with oil or other bases. If you have a busy life, I would recommend BIO-OIL. When I was a student (2 yrs back) all my house mates 5 of us got chicken pox. Using bio-oil gave us back a very smooth clear skin. It is the best for stretch marks and darkness around the neck. Trust me.

Dab some lime juice all over the scars and leave it on for fifteen minute or so. Do this everyday, and scars will get lighter within a month. Also it's the cheapest solution :)

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceJune 10, 2008
A girl looking in the mirror and using a medicated pad to treat acne.
Preventing Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄
🍂