Minor Repairs

You CAN do minor repairs on leather and faux leather goods, especially if you have the stitching holes already - just re-sew with thread (doubled or heavy duty) by hand.

I ALSO replaced a missing magnetic latch on a lovely teal thrift store backpack bag (Espirit) I got for $1 - by putting black self-stick Velcro on the flat round part of the magnetic clasp that was left on the bag, and a corresponding strip on the latch, which I secured with some stitching.

It's lovely now and for a total outlay of $2 (with lots of Velcro left over.)

By Pam from L.A., CA

All right Pam, I also find great bargains at the thrift shops. I sew, so it is no problem to do minor repairs on items. My friends won't shop at the thrift stores. They say that it is beneath them, but they always love my clothes. Loretta (North of L.A., C.A.)

Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 20, 2006
broken eyeglasses
Repairing Eyeglasses
Electric Typewriter
Repairing an Electric Typewriter
Sandals
Repairing Sandals
Home Remedies for Minor Burns
Home Remedies for Minor Burns
🎄
🍂