Uses for Flower Tubes

I am looking for uses for flower tubes. I have a bag of plastic flower tubes (the kind that come from the florist that they put on the end of roses/flowers to retain water). Maybe there is someone out there that may know of additional uses of these tubes. Thanks.

Pam from MN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You could check with your local flower shop to see if they want them to sterilize and reuse. The smaller, intdependant ones would be most likely to do this. This is a better option than just throwing them away.

How about saving flower seeds in them? You could cover opening of tube with saran and recap them. If you have any kids, they could use them as test tubes if they have scientist kits.

I was thinking: you could take a thin piece of board and cut a piece into any shape at all: circle, star, heart, etc. drill holes just a tiny bit smaller than the diameter of the cap, insert 4 tiny eye bolt screws with chain, ribbon, leather strips, etc. tied to them. For chain, the four lengths would need to connect with an s-hook and then to a cup hook. For cord, ribbon, etc. I'd just gather equally and tie to a metal or plastic ring to hang from hook. Then, the fun part: decorate with paint, stain, beads, mosaic--anything really. Insert your tubes and fill with either plant cuttings to root or individual flowers. You could probably do this on a larger scale with test tubes or jars. HTH and have fun. Can pictures be posted? I'd love to see what you finally decide to do with them.

My local florist takes the tubs and any unwanted vases,,,in return, she give me a few fresh flowers or a discount on my next order. We both win!

Just too cool! I was expecting this request to be in the "Lonely Request" topic and was amaze to find some wonderful tips (keep them coming if there are any more).

Thanks,

Pam from MN

I copied the option from the new Volkswagon cars -- I put a matched set of 1 inch velcro strips on it - that is one side on the tube, the matching velcro strip over the glove compartment in my car (away from heat/cooling vents). Then I can put in a fresh flower when I drive & any greenery or baby's breath to make a small, cute bouquet. It really lifts my spirits in the car. They are the biggest sellers at my craft fairs, too. I sell them for $1 each, which includes the mini-carnation, etc. I put in. Otherwise, a silk flower is an option and lasts longer.

I know someone who might be able to use them if they are the correct thing...me! I am looking to purchase single, short stemmed flower holders for making my own wedding stationary. If you are interested send me a picture of one of these things to Mail@linndesigns.co.uk as we both might be in luck!

I have a use for those tubes! If they are still available, let me know! Daliat@bellsouth.net

For those of you who are looking for glass tubes, your local cigar shop may have some, or could ask patrons for them. Some cigars come in glass or aluminum tubes. They may also sell cigar boxes for cheap, which can be used for cute purses, jewelry and keepsake boxes, etc. (nice wooden boxes with latches, not the cheap cardboard ones)

These are great for beadmakers to store beads in by color, size etc..............

Hi Pam,

I can use these by the hundreds. I need to get all you can supply and the factory where I can get more. I use them for very small parts. I'm looking for the ones that have a cap with a cap to hold a flower though flowers have nothing to do with my use. If yours are all gone, do you know where I can buy them? PLEASE!!!!!

I have a few hundred of the 15T green tubes (like florist use for flower stems all w/ removable caps on ea.) Please email me at luckybear2u @ cs (dot) com

(RE: TUBES) for further information--

you must state re: tubes or I will not open the email.

(you have to remove the spaces in email address above when forwarding an email-see note below) Thanks.

I have a bunch of flowers in the front of my house,but they are dying. What should I do?Where can I get some more for a resonable price?

A great use for floral tubes is to make party favors out of them. I used glass tubes, printed a poem, bride and grooms names and wedding date and put them in the tube. Decorated the top with a little ribbon and flower. Rolled up the paper and put it in the tube so that only "Thank You" shows and the poem is rolled inside.

check this out

http://www.digitalexpo.biz/default. ... productname/Plastic_tube_for_flower/

Is this what you're looking for?

Hi I am currently looking for some of these tubes. Would love them & pay costs to get them. Thanks, Jude.

I'm not positive that I know what they look like but I have a couple of tubes that came from flowers that have plastic tops with a hole in the center. I use mine to store the large needles used in plastic canvas crafting. I can just shake out a needle or remove the top if I want a certain size. If yours don't have tops and are long enough you could use a cork for a stopper. Also, if you use a sewing machine you could use them to dispose of used sewing machine needles. I currently use tic tac boxes for that purpose.

To keep the cut flower fresh is easy with use the floral water tubes. You just need to put some water in the tubes, and insert the flower in the hole in the center. For more kinds of flower water tubes, you can visit the website www.iintrade.com. There are various types of plastic water tubes or orchid tubes you would like.

Hummingbird feeder! Wrap wire around and stick in flower pot. Wrap red yarn in knots around end to indicate a flower. 1 part white sugar to 3 -4 parts water

Recycled Barnyard Animals
Crafts Using Toilet Paper Tubes
M&M's
Uses for M&M's Plastic Tubes
Wrapping Paper Tubes
Uses for Cardboard Wrapping Paper Tubes
Toilet paper tubes made into seedling containers.
Uses for Toilet Paper Tubes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:53:22 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.