Stain Proofing a Coach Purse

I just got my first Coach purse. It is signature fabric with leather accents. Is there a way to "waterproof" or "stainproof" the fabric portion of the purse? Thanks!

Vicki from Springfield, MO

I spray all my fabric purses with Scotchguard or stain-resistant spray before I use them to keep them clean longer. (Otherwise they are dirt magnets.) You can do that to the fabric part of your purse, too - just cover up/avoid spraying the leather trim!

I just got a new penelope shopper, large leather purse, my boyfriend is weatherproofing. Ill post how it goes.

Sony from TX

I also put scotchguard and then also put camp dry heavy duty water repellent. Works every time. My bags have lasted clean for years. Makes it so easy to clean.

Forgot to say: Test an inconspicuous area first to make sure it won't change the color of the material.

Scotchgaurd works great! Cover up the leather though. I do 2 coats. Let it completely dry before applying the second coat. Also, to keep the leather in good condition, Apply a Leather Preservative. Try Obenauf's. This makes the leather easier to clean. I have a coach bag with white leather. Looks brand new:) Once you can't see water bead off the bag, it's time to re- scotchgaurd.