Some Stores Banning Plastic Bags

This is about reusable shopping bags for males and females both. Many stores are banning plastic sacks - so that might be something to consider in the near future.

Watch Good Morning America Video

There is a site mentioned on the video: Reusablebags.com

Another site is mentioned: Feedbag.org

Source: Simply Thrifty

Reuseable Bags: Good Morning America Video

By Melody_yesterday from Sedalia, Missouri

Here's an embedded version of the Good Morning America Video:

I just picked up three reusable bags at Walmart. They are black, have two handles and the print in white and bright green says "Paper or plastic? Neither." I'm keeping them in my car. They are especially good for those of us who are Aldi or Save-A-Lot shoppers where you have to bring your own bags anyway or pay for them. Sometimes when I reuse the plastic grocery bags from other stores they break so these are definitely better and they are only $1.00 each.

I love re-using plastic bags to store all sorts of things, and even though I love the environment, I don't know what I'm going to do without plastic bags.

Guess we have become somewhat spoiled to the ease and convience of the disposable plastic bags,

They do come in handy for all sorts of things,

I personally reuse all of mine,

So On one hand it somewhat ticks me off, yet on the other understand why. So I guess now, (whereas I am a big grocery shopper) i'm suppose to make a dozen trips to the store or carry thruout the store ALOT of bags! So I guess that means a second bag to carry a bunch of bags, my shoulders get tired now, I'm gonna find myself buying less groceries because of it, bad enough going in once but several times just to shop, Not for me, so the stores are gonna loose alot of my business. I think the stores should also implement a return policy, Buy the bags used on checkout, Store em up and return them, and make them alot cheaper then $1.00 ea.

For smaller day to day shoppers carrying bags around may work great, But not so for large shoppers,

I can see problems wih the return policy. Someone could bring them back with bugs. BIGGER PROBLEMS

I have 6 reusable bags that I bought at my grocery store for a dollar a piece.

I keep them in the trunk of my car and when I stop at the store I have them with me. They weigh hardly anything and my shoulder doesn't get tired carrying them from the car to the store.

These bags are bigger than the plastic bags and hold a lot of groceries.

I know it's not much but I think every little bit helps.

I hope that after I'm long gone that my grand-kids' grand-kids still have an earth to call home.

I also love the fact that the reusable bags do not tear and rip open like disposable plastic bags.

It's not fun to have to pick up your groceries from the middle of the parking lot or your back steps!!

I think it's a great idea. I have several reusable shopping bags, and they hold SO much more than plastic bags. I can fit all of my groceries in 6 bags, much like the ones sold at Wal-Mart. I shop every 2 or 3 weeks for a family of 4 with a lot of pets. I don't find it to be any more work, and it's a lot less trips from the car to the house. They don't rip or break open!! The only problem I've run into is the cashiers at Wal-Mart tend to be very close-minded about using them, they seem to be bothered by them. So I've started going to a smaller local store-and the employees there think they are great.

I use my plastic grocery bags for lots of things. At times I've had a surplus of them, so I have used them as packing material when I mailed out packages or moving. And they fit perfect as trash bags in the my small trash cans around the house and when I take the dogs out for walks. I just recently purchased a couple of the reusable bags at Walmart, which I intend on using, but I will still like getting some of the plastic bags. When I used to be a courtesy clerk (bagger) in a grocery store, I preferred using the plastic bags because the holder made it real easy to load the bags up. I can see some clerks not like using the reuseables because of that, unless they stand up on their own ok.

I take my reuseable canvas bags to the grocery stores to load up my groceries. I usually place them in my grocery cart with the handles of the bags buckled in to the child's seat belt strap. By placing the handles of the bag and buckled in with the seat belt strap, no one else can steal my bags out of my grocery cart if I'm not looking.

Better Living Green Living ConservationMarch 25, 2008
Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
🎄
🍂