Kleenex on Clothing

By Pat Rebuck 6 2

How do you clean wet tissues off clothes that got missed when put in the wash?

By Pat from PA

Filter Sort

By Tori 22 54 Flag

Put those items in the dryer, and most of the tissue will end up on your dryer's lint screen. The rest you can remove by hand.

truerblue in PA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By VBartlett 14 38 Flag

I buy a roll of contact-type paper, found at stores like Dollar General. It's great for removing lint, and it can be cut in sheets, rather than using rolls of tape. You might also try vacuuming the clothing with the (dried) tissue pieces. Good luck with that. Oh, although I don't use a dryer, I have found that putting a wet "linty" item in the dryer for a few minutes will leave it with much of the lint removed.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kathryen 8 68 Flag

I buy Puffs instead of Kleenex as they come out of my Maytag washer and dryer in one piece when I miss one in a pocket. I have never been able to find Puffs in a small pack so still have to buy Kleenex in pocket packs.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Maryeileen 76 1,143 Flag

I usually pick off what I can by hand and then throw in the dryer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tamara 6 19 Flag

I usually don't see it until it's dried, and then it peels right off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Kleenex on Clothing

How do you remove Kleenex that was washed in with colored clothes? Now it is all over them.

Faye B. from Wynne, AR

Feedback:

RE: Kleenex on Clothing

Good old reliable duct tape! I don't have a lint brush, and when that happened here, after shaking the clothes off as I took them out of the washer, I dried them, then I got a piece of duct tape, and it came right off. Scotch tape will work also, but won't hold as much lint, paper, etc. (06/21/2007)

By healthaidefrog1959

RE: Kleenex on Clothing

I'm afraid you may have to re-wash all over again, but wash "alone" with nothing else and dry alone. I have had the same problem happen to me and re-washing took care of the problem.
Good luck. (06/22/2007)

By diana1117

RE: Kleenex on Clothing

Just run the items in the dryer. This happens in our house all the time. If the clothes are not machine dryable, run them on fluff for a few minutes. (07/17/2007)

By Joy

Kleenex wads
Removing Kleenex from Clothing
Previous
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingFebruary 7, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Little Girl using Kleenex Facial Tissues
Saving Money on Facial Tissues
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Kleenex wads
Removing Kleenex from Clothing
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 1:32:34 PM on 10.0.2.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings