Kleenex on Clothing

How do you clean wet tissues off clothes that got missed when put in the wash?

By Pat from PA

Best AnswersAnswer this Question

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By Tori 22 54 02/07/2011

Put those items in the dryer, and most of the tissue will end up on your dryer's lint screen. The rest you can remove by hand.

truerblue in PA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By VBartlett 14 38 02/08/2011

I buy a roll of contact-type paper, found at stores like Dollar General. It's great for removing lint, and it can be cut in sheets, rather than using rolls of tape. You might also try vacuuming the clothing with the (dried) tissue pieces. Good luck with that. Oh, although I don't use a dryer, I have found that putting a wet "linty" item in the dryer for a few minutes will leave it with much of the lint removed.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Kathryen 8 68 02/08/2011

I buy Puffs instead of Kleenex as they come out of my Maytag washer and dryer in one piece when I miss one in a pocket. I have never been able to find Puffs in a small pack so still have to buy Kleenex in pocket packs.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Maryeileen 76 1,143 02/12/2011

I usually pick off what I can by hand and then throw in the dryer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Tamara 6 19 02/16/2011

I usually don't see it until it's dried, and then it peels right off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Kleenex on Clothing

How do you remove Kleenex that was washed in with colored clothes? Now it is all over them.

Faye B. from Wynne, AR

RE: Kleenex on Clothing

Good old reliable duct tape! I don't have a lint brush, and when that happened here, after shaking the clothes off as I took them out of the washer, I dried them, then I got a piece of duct tape, and it came right off. Scotch tape will work also, but won't hold as much lint, paper, etc. (06/21/2007)

By healthaidefrog1959

RE: Kleenex on Clothing

I'm afraid you may have to re-wash all over again, but wash "alone" with nothing else and dry alone. I have had the same problem happen to me and re-washing took care of the problem. Good luck. (06/22/2007)

By diana1117

RE: Kleenex on Clothing

Just run the items in the dryer. This happens in our house all the time. If the clothes are not machine dryable, run them on fluff for a few minutes. (07/17/2007)

By Joy