Moldy Fruit When Making Wine?

I'm making dandelion wine and the fruit became moldy. Is this part of the fermentation process? The recipe I used was from a fundraiser cookbook and only called for dandelion blossoms, lemons, oranges, sugar. Can I just skim off then strain or should I compost it and try again next year?

Thank you,
Lori from Atlanta, NY

Answers

I am also making dandilion wine. My recipe said to take the blossoms and pour hot water over 1 gallon of blossoms, let sit over night and use only the water to continue the wine. If your fruit has molded your wine will taste it.

Homemade Wine in Glass Carboy
Making Your Own Wine
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesMay 26, 2006
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
A jar of honey.
Honey Bee Wine Recipe
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 12:09:23 AM on 10.0.0.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.