Cake With Too Much Brown Sugar

I made a mistake and added 2 cups of brown sugar to a loaf cake recipe. it should have been only 1 cup. The cake was a Poor Man's Cake, made with raisins, shortening, flour and spices, etc. I gave it as a gift (not realizing the mistake until later). Will extra brown sugar change the consistency or change the cake in any way, other than just making it sweeter?

Thanks,
P.J. from Delaware

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I expect it would change the texture considerably, and brown sugar has a flavor of its own so the overall flavor would probably change as well. However, many great dishes are created due to cooking errors. I'd probably contact the recipient, confess the error, and ask how it turned out.

What I enjoy most about cooking is that it's always an experiment for me. Succeed or fail, it's best to learn all I can from the result. The lessons are usually easy to remember because I try to keep notes of what I'm doing, and for better or worse I have to eat the results. {;~)

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingMarch 12, 2006
Brown Sugar
Making Brown Sugar
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:15:59 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.