Furniture Dents in Carpet

How do you get carpet fiber to rise as a result of indentations caused by furniture?

By James from Philadelphia, PA

Try placing an ice cube in each indent and leave over night its magic!

Steam it with an iron. Do not set the iron directly on the carpet. It will melt it! Just burst it with steam.

The ice cube trick works fantastically.

I think it depends on the carpet. I am a little OCD :) so when I was moving out of my last home I went around and removed all the dents from the rugs after all the furniture was out. I tried the ice cube method but it didn't work. I used the steam iron method with a kitchen towel over the dent and then the steam from the iron I then used a spoon to fluff the carpet it worked wonders. When we moved into our present house which is filled with Berber carpet the steam iron nor the ice cube method worked. We have been here over 2 years and I am still plagued with dents from the former owners furniture.

Thank you to everyone who said that a steam iron would do the trick. It really does work! I tried the ice cube method but with no luck. Thanks again my carpet looks great.

Steam iron worked awesome but I also wet the towel layed it over the dent and then steamed it with the iron worked awesome.

Furniture Dents from Carpet
Removing Furniture Dents from Carpet
Home and Garden Home Improvement CarpetDecember 6, 2010
Lampshade
Repairing Dents in Lampshades
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄