Distract Bees With a Sugar Soda Jug

The bees were so bad, I could not sit on my front porch. A friend of ours gave us this contraption that was a plastic bottle with holes in it, that you hung on a hook. You boil 1 cup sugar and 4 cups water, let cool, then pour the water 1/3 from the bottom.

Well, you could make the same thing from a soda jug. Fill with the water and make holes around the bottle the size of a nickle. Set it away from where you are sitting and watch. The bees and wasps just love the sweet nectar, and they won't bother you.

By jab523

I have heard another version of doing this and putting the top funnel type half backwards in the bottle where the bottle neck is down on the inside. It traps them and kills the mosquitos, but I am not sure I would want to kill the bees though.

I love this idea, and I plan on fixing one up today. Maybe I'll be able to finally use my deck! Usually the bees and mosquitos are so bad we can't sit out there.

Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsMay 21, 2009
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
bee on a flower
The Benefits of Bees in Your Garden
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎄