Marinated Fruit

Quick, easy, delicious and nutritious.

• 3 Tbsp. Tang
  • 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
  • 1 large can chunk pineapple-reserve juice
  • Variety of canned/fresh fruits of your choice - drained
  • 3 bananas

Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice. Mix the juice with the pudding and Tang. Drain remaining canned fruits and add fruit to the Tang and pudding mixture. Slice and add the bananas.

* This can be prepared ahead of time, but don't add the bananas until ready to serve.

I often do this as a last minute addition to breakfast, brunch, or as a 'dessert' at dinner. I just use whatever fresh and canned fruit I have available: diced pears or peaches, fresh grapes, cherries, cans of tropical fruit salad, fresh apple chunks. Just add and stir until you have the amount you want to serve. The sauce is very flexible in allowing you to add an extra can of this or that if unexpected guests drop in.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

This just sounds really really good. I have a question though.. we don't drink tang.. could this be replaced with orange jello instead?

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitApril 7, 2009
Marinated Beets
Marinated Beets Recipes
Marinated Greek Olives
Marinated Greek Olive Recipes
Marinated Tomato
Marinated Tomato Recipes
Marinated Tomatoes
Marinated Tomatoes Recipes