Cleaning With Ammonia

In Praise of Ammonia: Ammonia is wonderful for cleaning and cutting grease and is very inexpensive to use. Mix half and half with water in a spray bottle, spray, then watch the ammonia do the work, it's amazing how well it cuts grease so quickly. I haven't found anything yet that it doesn't work on, just DON'T mix ammonia with bleach, EVER!

You can also put it in a glass bowl in your oven over night and just wipe clean within 24 hours. (Really messy ovens may take longer.)

By Bea

Editor's Note: Ammonia is the active ingredient in many bottled cleaners. Make sure you use it with ventilation. It is great for removing old wax from linoleum floors, too.

Showing: Comments Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I soak my old costume jewelry in ammonia for a few seconds or minutes and it comes out shiny bright and clean. Be sure to rinse in clear water after soaking.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

To clean my combs and hair brushes, I add a little amonia to hot water and let them soak a little while. Lifts the dirt quickly.

It's also great for cleaning blinds. I put them in the bath tub for soaking. One at the time with the ceiling fan on.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Cleaning Toilet With Ammonia
Cleaning With Ammonia
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesAugust 27, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning Toilet With Ammonia
Cleaning With Ammonia
A white bottle of household ammonia.
Cleaning Up Spilled Household Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:12:17 PM on 10.0.2.120 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings