Information From "Quilt In A Day" Book

I had a quilting book by Eleanor Burns from her Quilt in a Day series that was all about the Log Cabin quilt. In our latest move I lost (or can't find) my book. Could someone please tell me how much fabric is needed to make a king size quilt. I can't remember if there are different measurements for different styles. Help me out if you can please.

Judi from Elgin, Oregon

You could probably go to Amazon.com and order the book or at a JoAnn Fabrics. store.

I know I can get a new book but I know all the instructions. I just need the amounts of the 7 different fabrics. The book is now about $28.00 and I don't need all of it.

I just did a google search on Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day a got a site of hers that gives you a few free quilt patterns. Hope you can use this good luck.

http://www.quiltinaday.com/

Hi Judi, I have the book but they have two king size(25 block & 36 block). Which one do you want? Let me know and I will be happy to send the amounts.

Thanks Donna! I need the 36 square amounts. I"ve already made 3 of these so you'd think I could make them in my sleep but I can't remember the amounts. I add borders as needed to get the size I want. My mother has painted her bedroom a pale lavender (HER room!) and she wants a "lively lavender" quilt/spread/comforter. I'm doing this for Christmas. Not sure I can stomach that much PURPLE but for the love of my mother nothing is impossible!! =(^.^)= Thanks again!

To Donna: I forgot to tell you that you can contact me directly at jlfaulk AT eoni.com. Might be easier and faster that way. Thanks

Remember your local public library. If they don't have the book you need, they can probably find it for you through their inter-library system.

Hi Judi,

Did the e-mail ever come through? I tried 3x's-hopefully the last one worked.

Donna

Hi Donna! Yes, it came through and is just what I needed. I was sure I sent a thank-you message but I don't see it so I guess I just THOUGHT it! My son rode in a rodeo yesterday and I was a bit of a Nervous Nelly so I guess I got fuddled. Thank you so much! Now I can sew til I drop!

Crafts QuiltingAugust 28, 2008
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Fabric Book Page Weight
Making a Fabric Book Page Weight
Making a Book Pages Christmas Wreath Teaser
Making a Christmas Wreath with Book Pages
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
🎄