Use Lonely Sock as Powder Puff

I searched high and low in every store and could not find a good, old-fashioned poofy powder puff. I use Gold Bond Power in various and sundry places and had been using my hand or a wash cloth to apply it. In the midst of searching another store, my husband suggested I take an old sock and fill it with powder and use that. WOW! What a suggestion!

When I got home, I found a cotton anklet that needed a job and put about 1/2 cup Gold Bond Powder in it. I twisted the top and tied it off with a rubber band. I poofed power in all the right places, and it didn't make near the mess the other ways had done.

My husband! The inventor of poofy powder socks.

By Elaine from OK

What a "Thrifty"idea. Thanks for sharing.

I, too have been looking for a powder puff. I love your husbands' idea. Give him a big hug from me. I will get up and fill my extra cotton sock as soon as I finish this e-zine. Thank you.

Love the tip, and love your presentation! Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

This is a great tip! I'd read about putting bug repellent in a sock & dusting with it, but never thought of it for this use! Thanks!

lyonpride, I just filled a lonely old sock with boric acid and have been bombing roaches. We are a small community and everyone is having a sudden iflux of a different kind of roaches than we have seen before. Nothing seems to stop them completely so the boric acid bomb will be getting a work out. Thanks for the idea.

Great idea, thanks for sharing.

I've been pondering the problem of powdering without mess, too - thumbs up to you and your DH for this inventive solution!

You reminded me of how my son used to love "powder socks" as we called them. We would put his sock over the bottle of cornstarch baby powder and shake once (if he got a hold of it, he would shake several times). This helped keep his feet cool and dry. He loved to walk around after he would put too much in and leave cute little powder footprints on the carpet. Sorry, but I think we invented it, we just didn't market it!

Saving Money on Toiletries
Saving Money on Toiletries
Health & Beauty Beauty Body TipsJuly 31, 2011
Striped Sock
Using A Sock as a Volumizing Hair Bun
Socks
Making a Sock Quilt
Homemade Puff Pastry
Homemade Puff Pastry
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
🎉
🎄