Ideas for Light Globes

I am looking for ideas for light globes.

By Sharon from Lanett, AL

When you used the term "globe" I think round instead of lamp shade. Going by this, I would suggest flower pots w the hole drilled in the middle of the bottom. You might be able to find some pots that are light weight opaque than heavier thick ones that might block out light.

If you have the right drill for working with glass, you can make a hole in the bottom of a glass vase/bowl and go with this idea. OR, take them to a stained glass class in a community college where they teach and they usually have equipment that can drill holes in glass. I'd call around first to see if there's one nearby and is willing to perform the work for you.

I have seen kitchen strainers used & also an upside down coffee cup for a single bulb!

I am interested in the same thing so I have a lot of pictures for inspiration, but if you want to email me I will send them to you. Use my thriftyfun user name AT

Years ago I did glass etching on globes and they came out beautiful. You can also paint on them. Try painting flowers and vines or fruits.

Crafts AdviceMarch 23, 2009
Photo of a globe.
Craft Ideas Using Globes
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows