Carry an Emergency Kit in Your Car

My friend was stranded in her car last evening when she went to use her cell phone it was dead. She told me she was so thankful she had listened to her Dad's advice which I decided to pass along to you for yourself or someone you care about.

These are must haves for your car: A blanket, flashlight, gallon of unopened spring water, antifreeze, an extra quart of oil and jumper cables. You need to know where your spare is, and MAKE sure you have a jack. Of course there's other items like a first aid kit, flares, and reflective triangle.

Use a moving crate to keep all your goods in. The new dry gas will get you about 20 miles, expensive but worth it if you are stuck without gas! Hope I have helped someone!

Oh and one more thing, she learned last evening; have a cell phone charger in your car. If your cell phone is working, there is a Road side assistance 800# on the back of your TX driver's license. I would hope all states offer that.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Excellent advice that can save someone, and needs to be passed on to each generation. Thanks!

greeat advice, I'm with you. I also keep duct tape and electrical tape, and fix-a-flat. What is "dry gas"?

Preparing Your Car for an Emergency, Photo of a car emergency kit.
Preparing Your Car for an Emergency
Consumer Advice Cars SafetyMarch 23, 2009
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
red first aid bag
Stocking an Avian Emergency Kit
Middle School Locker Kit
Making a Middle School Locker Kit
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
🎉
🎄