Swiffer WetJet Not Spraying Well

I refilled my WetJet and now when I use it, it doesn't spray well. The solution only shoots out weakly a few inches. Did I do something wrong and is there any way to fix this?

Mary from Hummelstown, PA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Change the batteries and make sure the bottle is in all the way.

Be careful if using the Swifferwetjet solution--I've read that it can be very harmful to small children and pets because it contains some dangerous chemicals.

Thanks, Nancy!

Oh, boy, batteries!! Do I ever feel stupid!

I never even thought about the batteries.

I just figured because I had messed with the bottle ( I cut the threads inside the cap) I had done something wrong!

It's fine now, thanks!! LOL!

And Bonnie, the dangerous solution thing is a hoax.

If it were true, they would have to recommend that it not be used in homes with children/pets.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp

I was going to suggest batteries but see someone already has. I want to respond to the statement that the solution is harmful...FALSE ! You can check this yourself on www.snopes.com This is a rumor that's been going around for ages and simply isn't true. I have 4 cats and 2 dogs who are healthy living proof!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Swiffer WetJet
Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousFebruary 9, 2009
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer WetJet
Replacement Parts for a Swiffer WetJet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 5, 2016 at 6:13:33 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 572 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.