MiscellaneousHome

Swiffer WetJet Not Spraying Well

I refilled my WetJet and now when I use it, it doesn't spray well. The solution only shoots out weakly a few inches. Did I do something wrong and is there any way to fix this?

Mary from Hummelstown, PA

Change the batteries and make sure the bottle is in all the way.

Be careful if using the Swifferwetjet solution--I've read that it can be very harmful to small children and pets because it contains some dangerous chemicals.

Thanks, Nancy!

Oh, boy, batteries!! Do I ever feel stupid!

I never even thought about the batteries.

I just figured because I had messed with the bottle ( I cut the threads inside the cap) I had done something wrong!

It's fine now, thanks!! LOL!

And Bonnie, the dangerous solution thing is a hoax.

If it were true, they would have to recommend that it not be used in homes with children/pets.

http://www.snop  ader/swiffer.asp

I was going to suggest batteries but see someone already has. I want to respond to the statement that the solution is harmful...FALSE ! You can check this yourself on www.snopes.com This is a rumor that's been going around for ages and simply isn't true. I have 4 cats and 2 dogs who are healthy living proof!

Actually, you can force the cap off the bottle (it's not easy to do) and fill the bottle with much cheaper fluid such as Lysol cleaner and dilute it 100% with water. It works great and saves money. My biggest complaint is the velcro strips often come loose and need to be reglued occasionally.