Inexpensive Cleaner

Instead of spending a lot of money on those expensive cleaners to clean your bathtub and sink try this tip:

A very inexpensive shower gel or shampoo will clean just as well and will also prevent soap scum from building up around the tub.

The best part is, you do not have those smelly fumes lurking about and gel an shampoo is something we have around the house.

By Carolyn from East Northport

I agree, but would like to add a few tips of my own. First of all, shampoo is more expensive than most liquid dish soap/detergents such as DAWN and JOY. I keep a small container under my bathroom sink. DAWN is known for cutting grease well, and soapscum is like grease. ( adding a drop or three to bathwater will prevent that "ring-around-the-tub")

Next, I have a window squeegie available, to squeegie the shower walls and doors, this is the best !

Lastly, first things first, lol. Install a shower hose. You and everyone in the house -- squirt down all virtical surfaces before leaving your shower....use hot water. This rinses all the residue off befoe it has a chance to 'cling'. This works so well if you're cleaning after others' bathing. Scrub -- rinse -- squeegie, and you're done.