Reviews of Tide Free Laundry Soap

Has anyone used Tide Free laundry soap for sensitive skin? Or does anyone know of a better more budget friendly laundry soap for sensitive skin? We are on a very tight budget and I have heard Tide has the best laundry soap for sensitive skin! Thanks!

Lisa from Lebanon, IL

I use ALL free and Clear, and don't have problems.

I've never had any luck with any Tide product. Tide Free or otherwise. ALL Tide products make me break out!

Make your own! I did and I love it! I believe there is a recipe posted somewhere here already. It's super cheap.

In our household we buy the least expensive "Free & Clear" laundry detergent (usually "SUN" brand) & I've found they all seem to work the same. I'm sensitive to perfumes so I really like not having all that extra junk stinking up my laundry. When figuring out the price per load don't just look at the ounces in the container because sometimes the more expensive brands are super-concentrated which makes actually figuring out the price per ounce difficult so I just look at how many loads per bottle & figure out the actual price per load that way.

Many years ago I had a washing machine repair man tell me to NEVER use Tide because Tide is very bad for your machine. (This was before liquid laundry detergents) He said you can do about a lead per month with Tide just to keep your machine cleaned but don't use it regularly. He also said to never use powered detergent unless you first dissolve it in hot water because the powder will cake together & glue up your machine & hoses, then he showed me a hose that was almost totally blocked because of someone using powdered Tide. I've always remembered this & now I always use liquid laundry soap & never use Tide. This was in the 1980's so there's a good chance the Tide has changed their formula sense.

I'm with the rest. I never use Tide. I've had good luck with All (unscented) - can't use anything with a smell to it.

I use the Tide Free ALL the time! My hubby is allergic to any other laundry soaps. This is the only one that doesn't bother either of us.

We use PUREX free and clear. It is very efficient in the washing machine (we buy the concentrated bottle and use about 3 T. per load in a HE washer) and cleans very well. Both my husband and I have fragrance and sensitivity issues and we have no problems with Purex. I've been using it for several years.

Hi! Try the home made detergent recipes from this site. I use borax, Zote, and washing soda to make my detergent, and it works great for sensitive skin, babies, etc. And I can make 16 gallons of detergent for less than $10.00. Did I mention that it works great, too?

I use soap nuts, which you can get on Amazon.com. It is around $50 for a 5lb bag, but it is for 800 loads, so it's under $0.07 per load, as cheap as the cheapest store bought laundry detergent. My son has allergies and this works awesome for him.

I buys tons of dish washing liquid; dawn, palmolive, etc. It is good enough for hand washing it is also good enough for the washing machine. About seven or eight squirts does the trick. I love using it and don't worry about my hands getting chemicals on them.

Laundry Detergent
Laundry Product Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Cleaning LaundryJanuary 28, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
Laundry Drying Outside
Reviews of Wind Fresh Laundry Detergent
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄