Super Grover Costume (Sesame Street)

Here is a DIY Super Grover costume. At a local thrift store, I bought a blue sweat shirt and a blue pair of pants, and tried to match the color as close as possible. I also found some colored felt and sewed on the "S" with the lighting bolt as his logo. To make his logo, I found a picture online, saved it to my computer and enlarged it to get the logo the right size, that's where I got my pattern from.

His red cape is actually an old tree skirt I picked up at a thrift store. I cut to his size. Instead of tying it around his neck, I sewed it on so it wouldn't bother him! The helmet is an old fire hat that the local fire houses give out, covered in duct tape. I used an old cereal box to create the front part and stapled it on, and used a black magic market to decorate it.

It really was a lot of fun to make. The best part is he loves it! I didn't pay more than $3.00 for the whole thing! That's a bargain!

By Karen from Arnold, MO

That is so inventive and thrifty. No wonder he loved it. Looks tremendous.

little boy dressed as Super Grover
Making a Super Grover Costume
Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 26, 2009
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Sesame salad dressing on a tuna salad.
Sesame Salad Dressing Recipes
🎉
🎄