This is a very simple project that packs a lot of punch. Your kids will love the glow-in-the-dark effect.
Crafting Time: 30 - 45 minutes, plus paint drying time.
What You Need:
- 2 sheets of orange construction paper or card stock
- 1 sheet of yellow construction paper or card stock
- craft glue
- yarn or string
- glow-in-the-dark dimensional paint
- Draw and cut two identical circles from orange paper for the moon. Draw and cut several stars from yellow paper, making each pair of stars the same size, as these will be glued back-to-back.
- Cut an 8 inch piece of yarn and knot the ends together to form a loop for hanging.
- Glue the knot of this loop to the top of one orange circle.
- Now cut three longer lengths of yarn and glue these at the bottom of the same circle, spacing them evenly.
- Glue your second orange circle to the first, covering all yarn ends.
- Glue each pair of stars, back-to-back, to the yarn strands at the bottom of your circle. The yarn will be sandwiched in between each pair of stars. Space the stars along the strands and cut off any excess yarn at the ends.
- Outline the moon and the stars with glow-in-the-dark paint. Allow the glue and paint to dry.
- Hang your mobile in your bedroom window. It will be lit by the sun all day, and then at night, when you turn off the bedroom lights, it will glow.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 7:10:37 PM on 10.0.2.107 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us