Allergy Tips for Your Eyes

It's allergy season for me and I have found that the ointment used for styes helps the area inside my inflamed eye lids (I also put petroleum jelly on my upper eye lid). Medicated eye drops have to be used sparingly - but you can use regular Murine as often as you like to rinse out your eyes - so check the label.)

By Pam from Los Angeles

The doctor suggested my irritated eye problem was

dust on the lids/lashes, telling me to use Baby Shampoo and tepid water on a face cloth after being out in traffic or the garden too long.

I'd be CAREFUL about using oils around the eye routinely since it ATTRACTS DUST where 99% of all bacteria originates. Rather than routinely, I'd think

you'd be wiser to use the Baby Shampoo/water

fairly routinely, and the oils/ointments ONLY if you develop a lid infection which should be RARELY, as

in 1-2 times a lifetime. Keeping our fingers clean

and out of our eyes unless an emergency will HELP!

Motorcyclists, Lawn Maintenance crews, and many outside service industry folks are in close contact with dust/dirt, and need to pay particular attention to these facts. Wearing safety goggles a LOT, should

minimize the dust accumulation, as well. God bless

and protect your eyes/lids and give you His wisdom

as to how best to take care of the body He designed.

Hi! I not only have allergies to just about everything environmental (sigh!)), but I also have Ocular Rosacea. About 50% of people with skin Rosacea will get it in the eyes, too. I use daily sunblock & topical meds for the skin, & wash my eyelids & lashes almost daily when I shower, as recommended by my ophthalmologist. It seems to help at least a little.

Also, the doctor recommended prescription or over-the-counter eyedrops that have no preservatives in them. The labels usually say. Good luck! Nica

You can try an old fashioned remedy for eyes, is boric acid solution. I'm pretty sure you can get it in the pharmacy without a Rx. It is very soothing & can be used as often as you want. I have found my allergies almost stopped by taking HCl for your stomach. Without it, foods end up in the body, where they have no business being.

Petroleum jelly is a hydrocarbon & can be used safely on cars, not on the human body. This goes into yor body & causes problems. Your skin is a most porous thing, don't put anything on it that is a poison, it will absorb it & can be very hard for your body to get rid of.

I would guess because the lenses almost cause a block around the eye. It could also dry up the contact lense, which obviously make them shrink.

http://thediabet.org/