Use a Disposable Cake Platter as a Mini Greenhouse

I bought a cake for my daughter's birthday and I was trying not to waste anything. So I decided to use the cake platter and clear plastic lid as a mini greenhouse. I can start some of my perennials in January, so by mid June I should have quite a bunch of plants to plant.

By Alice from Canada

hi my dad did dthis with his garden stuff worked awesome! durn deer ate half once planted but a whole nother story

he used the plastic muffin condtainers and ca ke whatever he could find

Wonderful idea! May I use it? :) Susan

Absolutely. Hubby bought a plastic container filled with cookies (said that our 2 year old wanted them). So that gives me another one. Between all the yogurt and pudding containers, coffee cans. I should have my hill covered in perennials. January is gonna be busy.

Wow this is neat idea. I've just got done washing this dome lid that a angel food cake came in. I thought I'd try a terrarium. Could be real neat, maybe? Thanks.

What a great idea! I was trying to think of a way to make a mini-greenhouse for my father and none of my ideas worked. This is genius! Thanks for the tip. :)

I do the same with the rotisserie chicken containers from Costco. Upside down, the top holds plenty of dirt for the pinholed eggshell halves for germination (the vents are excellent for draining) & the bottom (on top) holds in warmth & moisture.

plastic cake dome
Uses for Plastic Cake Domes
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsSeptember 25, 2008
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Plants with grow lights.
Making an Indoor Greenhouse
disposable razor
Uses for Disposable Razors
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds