Place Phone in Purse When Charging

contest winner icon

Seems like I was always forgetting to put my cell phone in my purse after charging it. Now I just leave the phone in my purse while it is charging and haven't forgotten it since.

By cschatz

Crazy brilliant. I am looking for my cell phone right now.

Thanks,

Antoinette

What a great idea. I forget my cell phone all the time and think this might help.

Now that is absolutely brilliant! a woman after my own heart.

I love the idea but have one concern: my cellphone gets very warm when recharging and I am wondering if that could possibly be a hazard and cause a fire. Anyone else thought of that possibility?

I wouldn't recomment that since it may, as it was already posted, get too warm and cause a problem. It may also shorten the life of the phone or battery if it gets too warm. I would contact the manufacturer on this idea. An alternative idea would be to keep your car keys with your cell phone or a simple reminder note attached to your purse.

I guess for the people who are worried about it getting too warm, you could sit your purse down and put your cell phone on top of it. I think it is an excellent idea.

So you leave you phone in your purse while it's connected to the outlet charging? You can't really walk around with it.

I don't understand. To re-charge my cell phone means I have to hook the charger into the wall where the electricity is in the outlet. This would not be possible if it is in my purse. Somebody please explain it to me, but know I understand cell phone stuff on a very simple level! Thank you.

I think this is a brilliant idea for when I charge my phone at night. Clearly if your phone gets hot during charging you should use your best judgment before following this tip. One option could be that you set the phone on top of your purse to provide more air circulation.

I have tried this and my phone didn't get hot at all. But I did forget to unplug it before grabbing my purse and going. Almost broke the cord! So now I lay it on top of my purse simply so that I don't forget to unplug it.

I think this is a wonderful idea. I've been doing it for quite some time. The only thing I forgot to do is mention it on Thrifty Fun. So, now that you have mentioned it, I hope you win

Great Idea, The only time I have left behind my cell phone is when it is charging. I think this idea is wonderful, and you will always also have your charger with you at all times. Thanks for the great tip!

Jackie H.

Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone, Lost iPhone in Grass
Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone
Organizing Memory TricksMay 18, 2010
Phone Holder
Making a Phone Holder for a Cordless Phone
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books
🎄