Cleaning a Black and White Couch - Categories:

FurnitureCleaning

Cleaning a Black and White Couch

I have a black and white couch that really needs cleaning. The white part of the design is beginning to look gray. I have thought about having the cushion covers sent to the dry cleaners, but how in the world do I clean the other components of my couch?

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated, as I would like to have this done before the holidays. Thank you in advance and have a blessed holiday season.

Linda from NYC

Why don't you rent a steam cleaner and do it yourself? That way you can do the whole couch at once.

It all depends of what faber the couch is made of... I had a symthetic fiber emereld green velveteen ("hurculon") couch with cushon covers that I could take off then wash on gental cycle & hang dry... We've washed the covers many times & it still looks like new... (it depends on the fiber content) but getting the cushons back on is the tough part, a hint is to slip the cushons into plastic garbage bags. this makes them more slipery!

As far as cleaning the rest of the couch, I would only use steam on certain fibers & never on wool... If you do decide to steam it, write me here on ThriftyFun & I'll let you know if your fiber can take steam.. You can always have a rug cleaner come in & clean your couch for you OR you can buy some of that foam on, then let dry & vacuum off rug & upholstery cleaner to do it yourself... It works okay & some brands are better than others... Certain (organic) stains can be removed with plain Hydrogen Peroxide.

---> Here's my top favorite stuff.. It's made for cleaning rugs, but it can also be use on upholstery: This is the best option for cleaning a rug or carpeting: Here's a way to dry-clean your carpets or upholstery yourself without using any harsh chemicals. Here's a web site that sells what professional rug cleaners use. It's basically the same thing, only for smaller areas... All you need is the dry-cleaner & maybe the roller-type thing that pushes the granules down into your carpet or upholstery, then finish off with a really good vacuuming. This stuff is simply AMAZING! It cleans the rugs, removes stains & odors & kills dust mites too!

COST:

Daisy roller brush $29

Dry Carpet Shaker Pack $14.95

HERE'S THE SITE:

http://www.cent  acuumfactory.com ... t-carpet-care-cleaning-products.html

READ MORE ABOUT THIS STUFF FROM THE MANUFACTURERS:

http://www.hostdry.com/

for more info about this stuff, read a post I wrote here:

http://www.thri  4314351.tip.html