Hot Water Bottle for Pets

When you know your cat or dog is ready to sleep for awhile, place a rubber hot water bottle under the bedding, but close enough so they feel the heat. I use these myself sometimes during the day and definitely at night. They have never leaked. When heating the water, remove just before the boiling point.

By CS7 from Salem, OR

I voted this tip down, not because the idea isn't good. It's a very good idea. But I've used hot water bottles on myself many times through the years, and they get cold after not too awfully long. I use a different way of keeping my dogs' bed warm. I have an electric "throw" blanket. I put it on the floor underneath my dogs' bed and turn it on low. Then I put a small lightweight blanket on top. I have the ones they sell at Wal Mart for $6 right now. One is plenty for my 2 dachshunds.

The electric blanket keeps the bed at just the right temperature for them on a cold night, and doesn't cool off over time. It only costs pennies a day to keep it on. And the blanket on top holds the warmth in so they aren't warm on their bellies and cold on their backs. My babies love it. An added advantage: They aren't sneaking up into my warm bed after I go to sleep! (Not that they aren't welcome, but they love their bed).

We have an old Bassett Hound with a crooked paw and arthritis. Since she does not bite at anything I put a heating pad, on low, and place it in various places. She loves it. Even though she has been through three other dogs she is still the queen!

March 13, 2008 Flag

My daughter's boyfriend just adopted a 7-week old puppy from the pound. To keep it quiet at night, my daughter told him to fill an empty soft drink bottle with hot water, wrap it in a towel, and put it in it's bed. No more whimpering puppy!

By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments
Pets AdviceDecember 14, 2010
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Hot Water Bottle
Using a Hot Water Bottle
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:58:46 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.