Honey Wheat Bread

My husband makes the BEST bread. I think this recipe turns out better than the honey wheat bread from the local bakery. We usually eat a loaf right out of the oven - good thing it makes three!

• 3 cups warm water
  • 2 pkg. dry yeast (approximately 1/4 oz.)
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 5 cups bread Flour
  • 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
  • Ad
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 Tbsp. salt
  • 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Directions:

Mix water, yeast, and 1/3 cup honey. Add 5 cups of bread four; stir to combine. Let rise for 30 minutes until big and bubbly.

Mix 3 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup honey, and salt into the dough. Mix in 2 cups whole wheat flour. Flour flat surface and knead dough into whole wheat flour, adding more flour as you go. You will knead in an additional 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour, or so, before the bread is tacky rather than sticky.

LamBanhMy400x416.jpg

Place in a greased bowl turning once to coat both sides of dough. Cover with dishcloth and let rise in warm place until doubled (we use oven set to 125 degrees F).

LamBanhMy400x407.jp

Punch down dough and divide into three loaves or rounds. If making loaves, put dough in 9x5 inch loaf pan. Place back in warm oven and allow to rise until dough has topped the pans by 1 inch.

LamBanhMy400x303.jpg

Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Lightly brush tops of loaves with 2 tablespoons melted butter when done to prevent crust from hardening.

Note: It is important that you use bread flour as it contains extra gluten, which helps the yeast do their thing, resulting in an airy loaf of bread.

Servings: 3 loaves
Time:2 Hours Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: www.allrecipes.com

By cs_jag from Hillsboro, OR

Sounds and looks delicious! What a great husband you have!

Those loaves of bread really look good.

You are one lucky lady.

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

MisMachado

Your beautiful pictures make my mouth water for a slice. I can smell it from here!

Note: If you do not have bread flour you can use regular AP flour and add Vital Wheat Gluten to it. Use 1 Tbsp of wheat gluten for each cup of AP flour. You can buy Vital Wheat Gluten at most stores like Safeway etc or at any health food store. The going price is $5.95 for 1 1/2 pound bag. The results will be the same as if you used bread flour.

Dave's Backyard Oven Bread

backyardovenbread.com

Professional looking photos, and great directions. You sure make it sound easy, so I'll take heart and keep trying.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Lee

My mouth watered when I saw the pictures, what a beautiful job of baking and pic taking. You are so lucky to have a husband that rivals a local baker, can I borrow him for a while? LOL.

Boy, am I going to try this one out. However, I may cut back on the wheat a little and add more bread flour, as my son, can't have too much wheat. Thanks! Yum!

I made this bread and it turned out delicious. I have made a lot of kinds of bread before, but was looking for a whole wheat recipe that I could use as sandwich bread. I have tried other recipes and was not happy with the results. This bread also freezes great. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Homemade Bread
Homemade Bread Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads WheatOctober 1, 2010
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Skillet Bread
Skillet Bread Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄