Scenery: Front Yard Flags

Several years ago, my husband decided to cut down a large leaning tree in our front yard and put up the flagpole he'd been wanting for quite some time.

We replace the American Flag every year on (or around) July 4th, and replace the USMC around January 1st (should be in November at USMC birthday time!)

With my camera's shutter delay it's hard to get a good "furl" of both flags at the same time. So I click/click/click continuously and pick the best of all the shots.

By leslie

Semper fi, and hoo-rah! If you feel strongly about changing your flag on or near the birthdate of the USMC, I know you'll find a way. If it wouldn't get too tattered, why not just keep your current one until November instead of July?

I've never been in the service, but the rest of my family has served in just about every branch. My sister, brother, two brothers-in-law and two nephews have all served with the USMC. My favorite uncle was a Navy submariner. My dad, an Army National Guard Sergeant (E5 or so) mounted a flagpole in our front yard when I was very young. I remember its needing repainted every year, but the only flag I remember being on it was Old Glory. I don't even remember how often we got a new flag. But then that was 40+ years ago...

God Bless Our Troops and God Bless America!

Photos InspirationalFebruary 22, 2011
Garden Flag
Using Garden Flags
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🎄