Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Pop Stain on Carpet

How do you get red pop stains out of the carpet?

By Fran from Cleveland, OH

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Sangee09/18/2011

Yes, I used the 1/2 ammonia with 1/2 water option, with the white towels and iron. It worked and the stain is gone! I'm so happy and my husband is happy that we don't need a new carpet. Our nice wool rug is saved.

By kidsNclutter04/12/2009

You might be able to get red pop stains out of the carpet by using club soda (fizzy clear stuff sold in the soda pop or beverage aisle). You dampen the spot & blot it out onto a clean preferrably white rag (to avoid transferring color from the towel into your carpet). Work from the outside of the stain toward the inside to avoid spreading the stain. Try to avoid rubbing the stain, just blot. Keep repeating until the stain is blotted out.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Orange Slice Pop Stain On Carpet

I gave my brother a 2 liter bottle of Orange Slice, but the cap wasn't on tightly and it spilled all over his brand new light grey carpeting. I've tried lots of things on it without results. Any ideas?

Springmaid5

RE: Orange Slice Pop Stain On Carpet

Avon bubble bath will take out any stain from carpet. Just pour a little on and brush it in and blot it up with paper towels and you will never know it was there. (09/07/2004)

By wonderfulone

RE: Orange Slice Pop Stain On Carpet

Try oxi-clean it got printer ink out of my light brown carpet. (09/07/2004)

By Poka

RE: Orange Slice Pop Stain On Carpet

I bought a product called "Folex" at Home Depot. It removed completely a black cherry soda spill on our carpet. I was able to use it immediately after the spill, so the stain hadn't been there long. I have bought Folex ever since, for about 6 years now. It's great stuff. (09/24/2004)

By Oscar

Archive: Pop Stain On Carpet

How do you get Strawberry Fanta out of your carpet?

Andrea from Kayenta, AZ

RE: Pop Stain On Carpet

Do a search on ThriftyFun for "Kool Aid stains on carpet". Read through all the posts. Many people are having great success using Dawn dish washing detergent, hot water, a white cloth and a steam iron! It's obviously working for many people. Good Luck! (06/21/2007)

By Grandma Margie

RE: Pop Stain On Carpet

Use a 50/50 mix of water and ammonia. Pour it on the stain then cover the stain with a white towel and iron the towel for about 20-25 seconds on a med high setting. It worked for me when my son spilled red Powerade in my new car. (06/22/2007)

By sbacker

RE: Pop Stain On Carpet

I tried the Dawn concentrated dish detergent with white cloth and steam iron. Wow! works great, thanks (08/31/2007)

By Gary.

RE: Pop Stain On Carpet

Thanks heaps. After unsuccessfully using a few methods including vinegar and baking soda, I put just plain detergent mixed with a bit of water onto the fresh fanta stain. I then put a white cloth on top and ironed it. The stain just vanished. I was initially afraid of using the iron because I thought it would cook the stain and make it even more difficult for removal. (12/13/2007)

By

I spilled Crush on my Light Grey carpet

1. Mix 2 cups of warm water w/Dawn dish detergent (I used the orange antibacterial one)
  2. Bring the Dawn with you and apply some directly to the stained area
  3. Pour some of the Dawn+warm water mixture over the stained area.
  4. Cover stained area w/a white towel. (Mine was cotton)
  5. Set iron on med-high STEAM and iron over towel (move the iron back and forth, don't just let it sit there b/c it'll burn through the towel)
  6. Repeat until stain is no longer noticeable. It took me about 2-4 tries for each stain. (05/28/2008)

By Kito

RE: Pop Stain On Carpet

My dog ate a can of Fanta orange pop on a wool rug. Could not get it out. I tried the dawn mixed with warm water and then ironed with light cloth. It got most of it out except a light orange spot where it leaked deep into the rug from a hole in the can. I'll remember this one! (06/15/2008)

By Kelly

RE: Red Pop Stain On Carpet

I want to tell you that using the iron and Dawn dish detergent on white rags definitely works! I have a leopard print carpet in a nail salon and someone's child spilled red pop in several spots. I was so mad when I saw it I could have cried. Oxyclean carpet cleaner did not work! I thought, well $2 for a bottle of Dawn liquid soap couldn't hurt. I had other brands but bought the Dawn as indicated by one of your comments. You put a few swigs of the Dawn into a couple cups of warm water. Get a bunch of white rags. Heat iron on med low...and lay a wet rag that has been dipped in the solution, lay it over stain. Put heated iron on the rag. I believe the "steaming action" of the iron on the carpet stain with the detergent is what releases the stain. I was utterly euphoric on the first application when I saw red on my white rag. After applying about 5 to 6 "clean" rags my stain was gone. I proceeded to the other stains. There was a slight take up of the black in the leopard print but did not show noticeably on the carpet, just on the rag. I can't believe this simple technique worked. (08/17/2008)

By Linda

Grape Fanta Stain On Carpet

My son spilled grape Fanta in our apartment carpet and we were sure we would lose our deposit. We tried carpet cleaner, a steam cleaner, club soda, vinegar, white wine and the bright red stain would not come at all. When I found this site, we tried the dawn/warm water solution on white cloths with an iron on medium heat- it worked! It took about 12-15 irons with the solution and a white towel over the stain, but there is not a TRACE of stain left in the carpet AT ALL! I'm amazed! (09/28/2008)

By Jennifer

RE: Pop Stain On Carpet

Thanks so much it worked. Took 5/6 times with white cloths. Got 99% of the redness out. (02/11/2009)

By