Advice for Reestablishing Credit

I was wondering if anybody can me with some advice. If you have bad credit or no credit where can you order from and not have to pay anything until the order is received? How can I receive a credit card, because I have been turned down quite a bit? I would like a credit card that at least would give you about $250.00 or more on your credit line.

By Jay L. from Montgomery, AL

Never, never use a bank debit card to make a purchase over the internet. It is much safer to use a credit card.

Go to Google and search out a Capitol One Credit Card. I believe you can get one even though you have a poor credit rating. Once you get a credit card, make sure that you pay all your bills on time.

What you are looking for is a "secured credit card". Google for more info. Are you talking about ordering online? I don't know of any place that will send you an order without payment first. If you order from QVC or HSN on TV you can order without a credit card but you must mail in a check or money order before they ship the order.

You can try capitol one. I had a secured visa years ago. You send them like $300.00, They put it in a savings account & give you $300.00 available credit. You can add more to the savings if you need more credit. After a couple of years of using it regularly & keep your nose clean. You can ask for your money back & just use the credit. I did this about 15 years ago & after a few years, got my money back & helped my then boyfriend fix his credit, & we now have a credit score of over 800. It can be done, but you have to never make a mistake again.

Paying before the due date is one of the most important things, also always paying more than what is due. It shows responsibility. These days we can pick & choose who we have cards with & get very low finance rates. Here's a hint; if, for some reason you do slip & forget to pay in time for them to get it, call them immediately to explain. It makes a difference.

If you want a card to make online purchases consider a pre-paid credit card, which you buy by paying a st amt of $ for it like $100-$200 and it functions like a debit card but is not linked to a bank acct.

If you have very poor credit, I would stay away from Capital One Credit. My son had them once and happened to be late. The added on late fees caused him to go over his limit. They charged $39 for being late, $39 for going over the limit and $39 for interest. Though his balance was only about $1500, paying $100 a month was only paying fees and not even getting to the principal. We tried to pay it off and they would not give us a payoff amount. We went to a bank to wire them money and they would not even give the bank a payoff amount. We had to figure what might be an overpayment to get his card paid off.

Bank debit cards that look and act like a Visa et are tied to you checking account, these are a bad idea! If lost or stolen, your account can be wiped out! There is no protection with these cards, unlike a regular credit card for which you are only liable for the first $50. A pre paid card is your best bet.

I have used a debit card to shop online, but it was never my #1 debit card. I use my #2 Debit card to shop online. No problems so far.

Fixing Bad Credit
Fixing Bad Credit
Budget & Finance AdviceAugust 18, 2009
What is a Good Credit Score?
What is a Good Credit Score?
Establishing Credit
Establishing Credit
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
Dog Has Become Aggressive With Owner
Dog Has Become Aggressive With Owner
🎄