Tip for Pie Crusts and Pastries

By Harriet Schipper 11 135

Keep some butter or margarine in the freezer. When you make a pastry, grate the butter or margarine needed into the flour and salt mixture. Then, it will need just a little mixing before sprinkling on the water in sections. It keeps the pastry dough cooler and eliminates much of the handling so it is very flaky.

Source: my mom

By Harriet from Lakewood, CA

Showing: Comments Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Tried this yesterday and it worked really well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Beth 25 1,120 Flag

The fastest way to make a pie crust I found is in the food processor. It seems I use my food processor more to mix things than I do to chop things. It mixes the fat with the flour in a couple of seconds and I add my liquid through the top. It takes me longer to get the ingredients out and put away than it takes to make it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rose Smith 46 86 Flag

What a great idea...thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking PastriesMay 5, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Pie Crusts for the Freezer
Making Pie Crusts for the Freezer
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
strawberry shortcake
Recipes Using Refrigerated Pie Crusts
Caramel Rolls
Caramel Roll Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 7:48:41 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings