Tip for Pie Crusts and Pastries

Keep some butter or margarine in the freezer. When you make a pastry, grate the butter or margarine needed into the flour and salt mixture. Then, it will need just a little mixing before sprinkling on the water in sections. It keeps the pastry dough cooler and eliminates much of the handling so it is very flaky.

Source: my mom

By Harriet from Lakewood, CA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Tried this yesterday and it worked really well.

The fastest way to make a pie crust I found is in the food processor. It seems I use my food processor more to mix things than I do to chop things. It mixes the fat with the flour in a couple of seconds and I add my liquid through the top. It takes me longer to get the ingredients out and put away than it takes to make it!

What a great idea...thanks

Comment

An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking PastriesMay 5, 2008
Pie Crusts for the Freezer
Making Pie Crusts for the Freezer
strawberry shortcake
Recipes Using Refrigerated Pie Crusts
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 6:03:34 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 357 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.