Chicken Adobo (Crockpot)

This is a crockpot version of the classic Filipino dish. Recipe will feed 6-8 or leave lots of leftovers for a family of 4.

• 3-4 lb. chicken thighs (boneless)
  • 3/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 head garlic, peeled and minced (approximately 8-10 cloves)
  • 1 large sweet onion (Walla Walla)
  • 3-4 peppercorns
  • 2 bay leaves

Feel free to substitute ingredients to for your personal taste. Chicken breasts would be slightly healthier but may result in a drier finished product. Cider vinegar, low sodium soy sauce or yellow onions would work too.

Cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken falls apart. You can use a fork to shred the chicken if you desire but I found it unnecessary.

I served it over rice with steamed broccoli and carrots (yes, those are purple carrots) on the side. I may experiment with adding veggies to cook with the chicken, such as shredded cabbage, so it would be a more complete meal.

Servings: 8
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
8 Hours Cooking Time

Source: A combination of several recipes found on the internet.

By jess from Hillsboro, OR

This sounds good! It's on my list of recipes to try :-) Have never seen purple carrots! Do they taste different than the orange? Maybe I am weird but I think Brussels sprouts would taste good with this chicken :-)

My recipe is similar to yours, but I never thought about making it in the crockpot, thanks! One thing I noticed about this chicken is that I can't stop eating it once I start- it is truly one of my most craved recipes for chicken-also I thicken the juices slightly with a cornstarch/water mix and serve it with brown rice, yum!

I'm sure Brussels sprouts would be delicious. Aparagus or sauteed green beans would be good too.

I get a box of organic produce delivered every other week. I'm never sure what I might get. Some of it I don't like but some of it I love (bok choy, for example). Those purple carrots came in there. They didn't really taste very different. Maybe you would notice in a side by side taste test but probably not normally.

My brother was going to try this recipe with pork instead of chicken but hasn't done it yet. He was also going to try using Yoshida's for half the soy sauce, to give it a sweeter taste. I might try ginger next time, give it some zing!

Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipes
Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotJanuary 21, 2010
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume