Lipstick As Silver Polish

I was going out on the town and wanted to wear my sterling silver necklace. I noticed it had tarnished. I did not want to get out a rag and silver polish. I recalled that when we visited Mexico, the silver jewelry shop owners all sat around all day, polishing their silver jewelry with lipstick! SO, I grabbed the tube of lipstick I was going to wear, put some on a tissue and proceeded to polish my necklace, removing the tarnish with the lipstick! It worked like a charm!

By Sharon from Southern Illinois

i HAVE to give this a try - got into silver jewelry a couple of years ago and it always seems to need cleaning as i'm walking out the door!

Silver can aslo be shined with CHALK.

Just rub the chalk all over the said silver item, until the chalk pieces break off and get onto the silver and then give it a rubdown with tissue paper.

i have always used toothpaste and a soft toothbrush for cleaning all of my jewelry.even for a quick clean. put paste on brush(just like ur going to brush teeth,but dont use your daily hold item to be cleaned in palm or in fingers -depends on item. using a circular motion, clean both sides-top& bottom or inside & out. rinse thuroughly in luke warm water. dry with soft towel,use blow dryer if needed. NOTE: clean jewelry before dressing. paste has a tendancy to splatter a little.(baking soda also works.) i sound like an adv. for baking soda. im not it just works well to clean lots of has many other uses as well. thats for

One hint. Once you polish your pieces up nicely and are ready to store them place them in tiny zip lock type bags (like the one that hold buttons when you buy an article of clothing) and store them away. By keeping oxygen from them and limiting contact with your other pieces you will have to clean them less often. carla

Cleaning Silver, Silver tea pot with an antique Chinese tea cup and saucer.
Cleaning Silver
Home and Garden Cleaning JewelryJanuary 8, 2007
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Removing Lipstick Stains on Fabric
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet