Hannah (Samoyed/Golden Retriever) and Kona (Golden Retriever)

Hannah is 5 and is a Samoyed/Golden Retriever, Kona is 2 and is a Golden Retriever. Both beauties are rescued from animal shelters, using Petfinder.com. We adopted Hannah when she was 6 months old, and we adopted Kona when she was 1 1/2 years old.

Hannah loves walks, rides, chasing squirrels and eating tapioca pudding. Kona LOVES to play ball, and just being around humans! She, too, loves eating tapioca pudding! They are definitely lovers to us humans, they make our house a home!

By Shirley from Southwestern Michigan

Kona (Golden Retriever) and Hannah (Samoyed/Golden Retriever)

Who could resist those two faces? They are totally adorable!

They are truly beautiful and I know they are a great source of love and joy for you. I am convinced that rescued pets are the best. Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

They are so adorable. Bless you for giving them a good home.

Great picture. Almost as cute as my corgis.

Diane

What a good looking pair of pups! Another "Happy Tail" from petfinder.com. I found my beloved Kato the Wonder Dog on that website.

Two beautiful dogs. I think I'm in love! They are so fortunate to have such a loving home with people that obviously care very much. It gives me a warm, wonderful feeling to know there are such good hearted people in this world. I wish the very best for this family.

I absolutely love this photo! What a couple of innocent faces!

Shirley, you have given these family members, a new lease on life! You can tell just by looking at the picture that they are very happy to be in such a loving home! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Kona had previously belonged to our neglectful/abusive neighbor that lives across the street from us. I watched this cute little pup, from afar, since she arrived at their house. She was such a playful, loving pup. Early last Summer I noticed that Kona would be outside in the fenced in yard for days at a time, and no one home. Another neighbor and I would check on her and she wouldn't have food or water, or the water she had was green! We would take her food and get her water. It was incredibly horrid! Understandably Kona got ornery. I approached her (evil) owner asking if I could offer *free* doggy daycare for Kona, or if she was willing to sell Kona to me. She was offended and asked me if I was saying she was not taking care of her dog. Her answer was no...she said that Kona was her life! One day I was out tending to my plants and all of a sudden I saw Kona loose chasing a jogger...yet again. This was the last straw. We took Kona to our animal shelter, we told them who she belonged to, and the story behind Kona. They mailed the owner saying Kona was at the shelter, she never came to retrieve her. In the meantime, Kona was listed on Petfinder.com which called people from Chicago and New York. Our shelter doesn't show favortism, so I couldn't just get her, even though I had a history with the dog. Because she was so popular, her adoption went by raffle ticket. Thankfully we were the winners! She has brought SOOOOO much joy to our lives, and I think the reverse is true. We have her up to a good weight now, she has had all of her shots, been neutered, she is clean and most importantly....loved!

Golden Retriever
Golden Retriever - Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsMarch 24, 2008
Golden Retriever Mix
Golden Retriever Mix Photos
Golden Birthday Party
Golden Birthday Party Ideas
Samoyed sitting in grass with trees in the background
Samoyed Breed Information and Photos
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
🎉
🎄