Browsing: Himalayan Breed Information and Photos

Squishy The Himalayan

This is Squishy. He is a Himalayan that just got back from the groomer, who thought he was a girl! Squishy was brought to my Grandmother's (the local "cat lady") four years ago this month. He was very tiny and very sick. He had a horrible life up until that point. Raised in a puppy mill, bought at a mall pet store at Christmas as an unwanted gift, he was a very sick little ball of matted fur.

Himalayan Cat with bow

I looked into that squished face and fell in love. Lots of care later, he is a lovey, sweet cat that greets me every night when I get home from work at the door. No matter how hard my day was, that sweet little funny face always cheers me up!

By Sarah

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thank you for taking care of yet another poor animal, and giving such good care. On behalf of all animal lovers, Thanks, and that goes for everyone here who helps with the animals.

I am gathering up things to take to my local animal shelter. It is snowing, like crazy, here now, but will take the blankets and treats there soon.

Squishy looks like he is totally insulted at "being a girl". He is beautiful though. I have a cat that was rescued out of my uncle's tree when he was 9 weeks old...you know what on wheels he is....you think he'd be grateful! When I brought him home, he didn't know how to drink water from a bowl, much less eat from one. He learned by watching my other 2 cats. He's my little problem child and I love him. He's now happy and healthy and in constant mischief.

Jenny in KY

He is absolutely gorgeous!

Squishy reminds me of my sisters dear departed cat Bessie. Bessie was found by my children many years ago in a ditch. She was filthy, full of fleas and needed a home. My sister fell in love with her and she lived for many years in a happy home. She thought she was a princess even with her humble beginnings.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Oh, very sweet little guy. I have a Himalayan also. I found him 4 years ago(!) at a Burger King. Mine,too,was pitiful. Much money and love later he's a sweet little furball named Nicolai

nice cat

Thank you for sharing.What a beauty.

I have a beautiful loveing blue eyed himalayan, who has me heart & soul. and now I must find him a home. this is one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I can nolonger care for him the way he deserves. I do not have the money for the things that he needs. I must also give up my long hair calico. all I want is a loving home for them When I saw your site I had hope that there was someone that could love him like me. phone # (502) 947-8205 helmaelliott @ bellsouth.net (remove spaces).if there is some one that could help me find them a good home please contact me. they have been my life .

Editor's Note: Because there are such long distances covered by ThriftyFun, although it is possible you might find a reader in your area, it is not as likely as going through someone like Petfinder. You can post an add on PetFinder for your area. http://www.petfinder.org

Himalayan Cat
Himalayan Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets CatsJanuary 20, 2005
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 4:17:48 AM on 10.0.2.9 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.