Peg Board Bathroom Organizing

I have a small bathroom with not much room for storage. So I had my husband put a couple of strips of wood on the wall with pegboard over it. The strips of wood make the pegboard stick out from the wall to enable hooks to be used on the pegboard. Then I picked up some double end hooks and hung baskets up to hold items like make up, toothpaste, medications, etc. Paint the pegboard the same color as the walls.

By Cheryl from Brandon, Canada

This is a great idea. I would like to see a picture. I love functionality.

TC in MO

Great idea. Think I might do the same thing on the garage wall, as well. Just yesterday, I was trying to figure out how to hang hooks on pegboard. Never thought of fastening it to wooden strips. Thanks for sharing.

Excellent idea. If you cannot find a match for your walls, cover the pegboard with Contact or similar self-sticking material in an unobtrusive color/pattern. That way, it will not give the illusion of smaller bathroom space, as a bolder contrasting color/design would do. If you put the self-stick on, you can just put the hooks where you choose. If you want to move a hook, a small piece of the self-stick can be stuck over the hole. Or a decal...get creative (as you were originally)! Cay from FL

Pots, pans and lidshanging on the pegboard in kitchen.
Organizing with Pegboards
Organizing BathroomFebruary 18, 2009
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎉
🎄