Short Battery Life With My Digital Camera

Product: Optio M20 Digital Camera

Manufacturer: Pentex

I really need help here. The camera takes really great pictures, even the videos are really good and can be watched on TV or my computer. My problem is that the battery life is the pits. It seems after 10-15 pictures, the 'battery depleted' appears on screen. Any suggestions on how I can improve the battery life. I have tried disposable, rechargeable, and new batteries. Nothing helps!

Linda from NYC

Are you plugging the camera into the computer or tv with a USB cable? Otherwise, every time you watch things back on one of those things, you are depleting battery.

Good luck!

My camera came with the added instruction to cut off the viewing screen and look through the view window just as you did with a regular camera, as the viewing screen uses up the battery. I have started doing that, and my battery lasts a lot longer. I use the viewing screen only to delete pictures that I don't want to keep. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

My camera has specialized batteries, so I don't know if this helps. But I see batteries that are marked "photo." Would those be any different? You also might check with a camera store.

Call your camera's manufacturer.

I had a similar problem with my digital camera, now I only use rechargeable batteries, and I make sure I always use the same 2 together, what I have done is I have 6 batteries, I only need to at a time, so on 2 of the batteries I drew with a permanent marker around the positive end and on another 2 on the negative end, the bottom and on the 3rd set of batteries I drew a circle around the middle of the batteries.

I have found if I use the same 2 batteries each time and charged the same batteries that I have a much longer battery life, apparently when you mix up the batteries even though they've been recharged they don't seem to last as long.

Make sure you use batteries especially for a camera. Wal-Mart carries them in the photo dept. I also had owned a Pentax and had the same problem. The special batteries are a world of difference!

They recommend lithium batteries they are expensive. maybe $16.00 for 2

My daughter bought me a Kodak charger with rechargeable batteries for Christmas.I had lots of aggravation with using so many batteries and when you really wanted to use my camera they were dead.This was really a good solution to the problem.She said it was only around $13.00--cheaper and longer lasting than Lithium.

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 20, 2007
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera
🎄