Sofa Bed Frame Repair

I need help. We have a sleeper sofa that is in perfect condition. Unfortunately the sofa bed frame bar on the left side is slightly bent and is impossible to open and close with any ease. The store where we purchased it has closed. Anyone have any suggestions?

By Paul from Playa del Rey, CA

The first suggestion is to use the end of a 2" x 6" board and hit it with a hammer while it is centered on the middle of the bend, until it's straight. If that doesn't work, protect all the area around the bent area of the frame and use a portable torch to heat it and then use the same procedure stated above. Let me know how you make out. Milt

October 18, 2011 Flag

I have a bent frame on my sleeper sofa. I need to have it repaired in home, who will fix it for me? It is a leather couch with the frame bent at the foot of bed.

By Lyn

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Depending upon how & where the bend is, you can probably straighten it out yourself by very gently hammering the frame straight. Or perhaps you can find a general handyman to do it. If the frame is broken - then it becomes a whole other repair matter.

The recommendation to first bend with leverage, then hammer if necessary, is right on the money! I just completed this repair, with a hammer, and my couch folds away like new. Make sure there are no other encumbrances (my couch has a metal brace which was interfering with the folding process) which might be contributing to your challenge.

February 10, 2013 Flag

I have a queen size sofa bed that is in excellent condition, except for the webbing that supports the mattress. Is there a replacement for that?

By Eldoris from MN

I don't have an answer but I have the same problem. The mattress isn't being properly supported because of the sagging webbing underneath. Repair would be great cause there is nothing else wrong with the sofa bed.

January 20, 2010 Flag

I'm requesting any solutions or repair for a sofa bed frame which is bent and can be hardly pushed back inside the sofa. The bar in the middle is totally bent as well as the springs. Can this frame be replaced or how can it be repaired?

ladyj7153

Answers:

Sofa Bed Frame Repair

I know the frames can be replaced, but I am not certain who you will need to contact to do that. If your sofa is a name brand you should contact the manufacturer for a replacement on the bed frame. They will be able to tell you how to go about getting the replacement. (01/10/2005)

By jlxian

Sofa Bed Frame Repair

A rivet came out and the frame may be bent. We need what is probably a minor repair. We cannot close the bed if it is open, nor open it if it is closed. It is queen sized. Please advise. It may be a Castro type mechanism. The company went out of business.

Best,
Alfred Heller

Editor's Note: Look for a short bolt or screw and a nut to fit to replace the rivet. (03/11/2007)

By Alfred Heller

Mattress Replacement

Castro Convertibles has gone out of business. The model number I believe you are looking for is C23083, but it won't help because I have searched everywhere for the same I mattress. I am looking to replace mine as well and no one has been able to help me. (06/26/2007)

By Tanji

Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairJanuary 20, 2010
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄