Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Using Brown Pill Bottles For Crafts

Does anyone know of a way to use the brown pill bottles as an arts and crafts project?

Theresa from Hibbing, MN

By

By Teena L Barker10/10/2007

A craft I have bought locally is a "cheer-up/get well soon" bottle which is filled in this manner...

1. Put a sticker on the top of the bottle (lid). A smiley face works well.

2. Print a Label that says something like "God's prescription for cheer."

Instructions would be to "read a note inside for instant cheer."

3. Put that label on the side of the bottle.

4. Take verses from the Bible, especially the ones in Proverbs, and print those on cardstock. Cut these apart, and put about 8 to 12 of these in each bottle.

I can not give you a source of the lady who does this craft. But she is from North Carolina, and sets up at a crafts show near me every year. I am not sure if it is her original idea or not, but it really does sell well at $1.25/each bottle.

By pikkymama (Guest Post)09/26/2007

Place pill bottles on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven - you have to watch them as they start to become soft. You don't want them too soft to the point of becoming "mushy". Remove them from the oven when they are pliable and either shape them the way you want or leave them the way they come out of the oven. They cool down rapidly. They usually come out different shapes when you use different size bottles. My mother used to do this but I can't remember what oven temperature she used. I can't ask her because she passed away a couple years ago. After they cooled down she would fill them with different colored sand making a rainbow in the bottle. In the top of the bottle she would place the stems of a few minature flowers (purchased from craft store) in the sand and then seal that with a small amount of hot wax. They looked like little vases with flowers. You can also take these bottles of different shapes and sizes, punch holes in the bottom while still soft then string fish line thru them and paint or otherwise decorate them making them like hanging chimes!

By Keeper [57]09/25/2007

I bought an xacto knife set.2 handles&5 different blades.I had a pill bottle tall enough.In the bottom I put in 2 cotton balls.As I said in another post,I invested in a hand held label maker...I label every thing...Keeper

By Jazzylazzy (Guest Post)09/25/2007

Remove the label. The sequins and sparkly things package from a crafts store or party confetti and clear packaging tape can be used to make a treasure bottle or a dry match container for scouts or campers. Cut a piece of tape that will fit around the bottle. Lay it down sticky side up. Put your design of sequins or confettin on the tape. Place the tape around the bottle. I use small boxes of wooden matches by putting the matches in the container, cutting the striker piece off the box, and putting it in the container as well.

By Michael Ruger [19]09/24/2007

Well you can use those brown label pill bottles to hold craft items
2-you could decorate those pill bottles for display as curios
3- you could use those pill bottles as supports for homemade things like artificial trees bridge supports or other miniature display things.(Only you will know that pill bottle is part of it)
4-I would imagine the caps could make great handicap checkers
5-and with a lot of your imagination Christmas tree ornaments are possible.
I can probably come up with many more. Feel free to Email me.
Crafts Are Partly Supplies The Rest Is Your Imagination
Good Luck from Mr. Thrifty